This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I copy to external burner

I am brand new. Purchased product today and downloaded the free trial. I set it for DVD to DVD. After a long time copying a DVD I can't figure out how to tell it to copy to the clean disk in my external burner. I have no internal burner.

I now have a screen that has at the top "Source" which doesn't mention the copy I thought I had just made of the DVD and "Target" which brings up Documents (not my external burner). As you see I know nothing about this process.

I tried Search and see folks recommending img burn. If I download that will it be able to find my external burner. If I remember correctly at one time I tried a DVDFab free download and it started out by searching and finding my external drive. But the current version does not. I hope you can help me.

In the drop down box choose your burner as the Target.

You need to choose the folder where the move is as the source.

There is the chance that if you used the trial version before that you are blocked from using the full version and are trying to use the free decryopter which does not burn. It will only rip to your hard drive.

Comment

Still trying

Thank you for the advice, Gruñón. I finally located the file where it put the movie for my source. However it does not seem to allow me to name the target source. Under computer it only shows drives through the letter J. Other systems always recognize my external burner as K.

It is showing the trial version as 6.2.1.8. I would be happy to complete the purchase with the paid version if I could be sure I could really use the product. I already had to request a refund for another company's product as it was not able to burn to my external burner.

So what do I do now?

Comment

unplug the external from the computer. Restart the computer and plug the external back in and then see if DVDFab sees it

Comment

Originally posted by joyceww View Post
          I already had to request a refund for another company's product as it was not able to burn to my external burner.

So what do I do now?
          It is highly unlikely that two different dvd programs have the same flaw / bug .
          The problem is at your end not the software.

Do as suggested above and if that does not work you need to post more details.

Comment

Thank you so much AGJ. That fixed it right away!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know you are fixed and a happy burner now

Comment

Working...
              X