This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAb Not enough space on disk?

Yesterday I learned how to successfully copy and burn for the first time thanks to the moderators. At that time the copying took forever needing to ignore many problems. So today I had cleaned the DVD and copied the movie again. That copied quickly. But now when I set it to burn a copy on the disk in my external drive. It formats the new disk. Then when I tell it to burn the copy I get the error message "There isn't enough free space on drive K:" This is the same 4.7 size disk I used successfully yesterday. Both times I was copying the main movie on the DVD to DVD option. What has gone wrong here?

Hi joyceww,

Hopefully it's just an improper setting.

Do you have your Target (on the opening window in Fab) configured as DVD5?

In Common Settings, please check:
    Writable Media (DVD5) Media size
    Default output size should be DVD5

How large are the ripped files on your hdd?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks maine man. The Target has to be K because I do not have an internal DVD burner. This is my external burner which burned fine with the copy I made yesterday (which I deleted before I made a new copy today).

I am not sure where to look for those settings you are talking about unless I start over. But on my hard drive it lists the Main movie as 6.9 so I imagine that is the problem. How can I set DVDFab to shrink the copy?
      Last edited by joyceww; 02-07-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Gotcha re: K drive...I peeked at your last thread.
        I also see that you purchased the DVD to DVD app (presumably anyway).

You should have the full complement of functions.
        Fab will automatically compress the file as long as you have the settings I described above.

First off, take a look at the attachment below.
        You can see this was Not compressed by the Quality 100%
        Also the target size is DVD5.
        Be certain you have this selected
        Attached Files

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Here are the other 2 settings I mentioned.
          Click on the little white check mark (in the green circle) on the top right of the application
          to open Common Settings.

The Writable Media (DVD5) Size is set at 4460 MB on my system
          I think the default size is 4300 MB which is not a bad starting point.
          You can push this up towards the max of 4472 MB with top shelf media.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you maineman. Yes I purchased it yesterday. They only give you one free try. (Which is fine if you have no problems but I had tried it previously and found difficulties so never purchased.)

That image made it clear. I did have it set at 100% but I did not know where to look or change the setting. So I just deleted that copy and recleaned the used disk (which has been in and out for a while) and hopefully will make a good new copy in a while

Comment

You should have a 30-day free trial and the only legit purchase site is DVDFab.com
              which will link you to DVDFab.net where you actually make the purchase.

Any other site is a scam.
              Hopefully, you did not purchase elsewhere???

Best of luck and holler if you get stuck

Comment

I purchased through DVDFab (processed by Avangate). I have no complaints about that. I am a bit bewildered that the trial is billed as 30 days but this time and the previous time I tried it the product came up as expired after one use. On the welcome page it showed that the DVD to DVD option that I tried had been used and expired. Happily on my recent try I got help here in order to successfully test the program.

Now I am very pleased that I got the help here to resolve my second problem as well and to know that this forum is here with excellent advise to back up this excellent program. I have now burned a good new copy successfully. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry about your free trial issue. I've never heard of that happening, but no matter now.
                  Happy to hear you're up and running.
                  Welcome aboard and happy burning...

Comment

Working...
                  X