This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy some DVD's.

Hi. I get a grey box with the options: Retry, Abort, Abort All, etc, when I try to copy some DVD's prior to burning. This can happen somewhere in the copying process, and yet, sometimes, with the same DVD, I've been successful in copying it. I'm running Windows XP Home. I've also tried use IMG burn, and set that up, so you'll see that log as well, although I didn't use that when this problem happened - I'd changed by burning program. IMG burn, by the way, also didn't work but I can't remember exactly why right now.

I've attached the logs as requested.

Kind regards,
    Ona
    Attached Files

I think it is your MATSHITA Drive giving problems
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly. Is that opinion based on my logs, or just a wild guess? The drive came standard with my Sony laptop, and is working fine otherwise. I don't really have the funds to replace it if not necessary. Recovering from a serious illness.

Comment

DVD FAB and IMG Burn

Hi.

Just wondering if this is still a recommended way to copy and burn DVD's? I'm trying to burn about 50 DVD's for my daughter who is having chemotherapy and is quite sick. She's laid up in bed for the coming year. I'm having mixed results - probably successful about 60% of the time. Some DVD's won't copy (Retry, Abort, Ingore, Ignore All box), some DVD's copy but "Failure to burn" I think the message is.

Most of the DVD's I'm trying to copy have already been burnt by someone else - perhaps that's the problem?

I've posted logs on my other thread post. I'd appreciate any advice.

Kind regards, Ona

Comment

Onalove, as GregiBoy said these drives are a big problem. Laptops create a lot of heat during the burning process so they need to be kept cool. Another thought those Tdk disc's are junk, would suggest buying some verbatim disc's and set your burn speed to 1/2 the max speed of your disc speed, hope this helps you.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Onalove yes this is a problem you should just use image burn to burn these disc's that have already been copied, and as I said before in your other post please pick up some quality media.Also please read the forum rules and general policies
            Last edited by CBR929; 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM. Reason: text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

While we can empathize with your situation, unfortunately we cannot offer support.
              This thread is closed

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

The owners of this forum and suppliers of the software discussed here do not support or condone the theft of intellectual property in any fashion, but believe that consumers that purchase entertainment media products have the Fair Use right to 1) make a single backup copy for security purposes and 2) convert the content to a form more suitable or convenient than that in which it was supplied. Discussion of other use of the software that infringes on the rights of the copyright holder will not be permitted, including specifically but not limited to copying rental DVDs or games or copying any content that the user does not personally own. This is an International forum and copyright laws vary from country to country. The user of the software bears sole responsibility for its use in compliance with local laws.

Copyright 2009 Fengtao Software, Inc.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X