Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFAB already running message when opening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB already running message when opening.

Hello,
    I have been having issues when opening dvdfab copy lately.I sometimes get a message which states:"dvdfab is already running,if you want to use multiple instances, please open common settings and check box to run multiple instances". I have never checked this box and this error message does not show up every time dvdfab copy is open, but is frequent. There are no tasks waiting to be performed.
    Just upgraded to 10064, but this happened with previous version. Could the program still be in use after shutting down then restarting? I am attempting to find some common reason this is happening,
    Would appreciate any assistance with this matter.

Do you have it set to exit the interface when finished? Attachment: Click image for larger version

Name:	EXIT.png
Views:	274
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	344232
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

90312, I did not have the interface on exit, but on ask me before exiting or minimizing.
      Thank you for the assistance. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Comment

Hope so too. Let us know how it goes.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello 90312,
          Changed the shut down to exit program. Still receiving the message. I also noticed that my icon in the task-bar has a (2) next to it when passing the cursor over it. It states DVDFAB (2). Could I possibly have changed something during updating, and now have 2 instances of dvdfab running? The program runs well, but the warning that the program is running is concerning me. I, would not rule out that I did something wrong to have the program running in the background.
          Any other suggestions?
          Thanking you in advance.

Comment

Other than being annoying it's nothing to be concerned about. I got this yesterday, it took longer to load than normal so I double-clicked the desktop icon again, my bad. Reboot and run task manager first, in processes check the list and see if Fab is loading on start?

Albert Einstein

Comment

I haven't had the problem you are having.
              I don't have a "DVDFAB (2)" in the task bar as you do.
              I would think if you have two versions v 10 installed these would show up in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features .
              Maybe you have both a 32-bit and 64-bit version installed. (that's a guess)

I don't know of a setting to do this but is it possible that DVDFab has someway become a "Start Up" program ?

Comment

Thanks cholla, it is not in the startup programs, and when running task manager, it only shows up as one dvdfab.exe.Shows up when open, then does not show up when closed. I know its not a major problem but felt it was strange when it happens.I do have dvdfab 9 installed, but is a seperate icon on the taskbar, and only shows up in the task manager processes when running.As I am running Windows 10, strange things occur more than I would expect.

Comment

I have DVDFab versions 7 through 10 installed. They all seem to work.
                  I've seen the warning but I know it was caused because I clicked the .exe(short cut) too many times.
                  I usually keep the multiple instance box unchecked.
                  The computer I have most DVDFab software installed on is Windows 7 HP 32-bit .
                  On my laptop which is Windows 7 HP 64-bit I only have DVDFab Media Player installed.
                  I hope to never need to go to Windows 10.

Comment

End of extended support for Windows 7 is Jan. 2020, mainstream support ended a couple years ago.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      End of extended support for Windows 7 is Jan. 2020, mainstream support ended a couple years ago.
                      I still plan to use Windows 7 until it quits working with other software.
                      I haven't checked but maybe there is software that will "spoof" Windows 7 to appear to be Windows 10.
                      Or someone will write that eventually.
                      I still have a Vista & Windows XP Pro I can boot into .
                      Regular Windows XP on a different computer.
                      Even Windows 98SE on a mothballed computer.
                      Last used about 2 years ago . (Old IBM desktop with original 13.5GB hard drive).
                      So I'm not worried about MS support. Only what other software developers like DVDFab do.
                      I remember when DVDFab stopped supporting Windows 98.

Remember this DVDFab it will work on Windows 98:
                      DVD Fab (c) by Joerg Plenert, Germany
                      0.17.0 11/07/2003
                      (I would post an image but it couldn't be read anyway.)

Comment

Hi,

Please check the DVDFab process in Windows Task Manager and post the log file, thanks!

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X