This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what am i doing wrong

i am using the DVDFab version 6.2.1.8 and i am trying to copy a dvd, i have selected full disc set my target folder and all seems to be in order untill the copying has finnished, when i then go to my folder where the file has been stored and open it i am met by three folders AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS both of these i expect to see as i have undertaken these processes before, but the third file which i expected to contain the film is an XML file type which i can't play it seems to be a sort of code. there is obviously something i have not enabled or disabled. i have VLC player installed when i try to play using this program it plays the first twenty seconds or so then closes, yet when i copied this dvd it took the length of time i would expect.

Hmmm...it's used by WMC, but it should still play ok with VLC
    Try unticking the dvdid.xml box shown here:
    Attached Files
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

will try that, may i also add the file size is only 1KB

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Hmmm...it's used by WMC, but it should still play ok with VLC
        Try unticking the dvdid.xml box shown here:
        my problem still persists.

Comment

If the "Copy Non-DVD files" box is checked, uncheck it and give it a try.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bootsy View Post
            i am using the DVDFab version 6.2.1.8 and i am trying to copy a dvd, i have selected full disc set my target folder and all seems to be in order untill the copying has finnished, when i then go to my folder where the file has been stored and open it i am met by three folders AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS both of these i expect to see as i have undertaken these processes before, but the third file which i expected to contain the film is an XML file type which i can't play it seems to be a sort of code. there is obviously something i have not enabled or disabled. i have VLC player installed when i try to play using this program it plays the first twenty seconds or so then closes, yet when i copied this dvd it took the length of time i would expect.

What you've posted here is slightly ambiguous...which file exactly is it that you are trying to play??

The AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS are normal, and with VLC you should be able to play the whole rip just by selecting the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Any other folders are superfluous to your needs, and the .xml file is only needed by WMP for film info.

DC

Comment

Working...
            X