No Video or Flashing Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Video or Flashing Video?

Region 1, 2017's Beauty and the Beast: Found initial copy had sound, but no video when played in older DVD player. I've never seen that happen before. The same disc plays fin in any computer. Made a backup of the backup. As playback with DVD player began, video was flashing between a normal frame and a black screen. I paused the video for a moment, resumed playback, and the flashing stopped—playback was "normal."

Any ideas?

It seems like a compatible issue with the older DVD player, since the same disc can play fine in any computer.

What is the brand and model of your DVD player?

Do you have the same problem with other movies?

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and burn logs.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

I was tired when I wrote that and messed up some details.

The DVD had no picture, just audio on my new Sony 4K video player (UBP-X800). It played just fine on my older Sony DVD player (DVP-SR200P). And it played fine on a computer. The second copy (copy of a copy) had the flashing video on the new Sony 4K player, then played normally after being placed on pause for a few moments.

It's not a big deal. I copied this some time ago, before my recent Windows re-installation, so there are no logs. I really just wanted an idea what might have happened. Thought this disc had some unusual copy protections. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X