Wind River "Not enough space" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind River "Not enough space" error

I've never seen this before, so I assume it's a 10.0.8.1 issue. Although DVDFab said it was going to compress to 77%, it checked the blank (Verbatim 95079), decided it was ever so slightly too small, and then failed by writing nothing. When looking at other log entries, it appears that sometimes it judged the blank's capacity as 4488 MB and others as 4489 MB (even though they're all the same manufacturer and lot). Any idea what's going on? This has happened at least one other time, too, I believe.
    Attached Files

click common settings - dvd - pathplayer and make sure that pathplayer is set to "always enabled "
    then click "dvd protection " and check enable cloud decryption service is checked.
    restart dvdfab and retry the original store bought disc again and see if it is still too big to fit on the blank disc.
    also try going into the general settings area and click on the factory default settings button in the lower left corner.

Comment

Those were all checked. I don't typically change anything other than the setting for Drives > DVD Write. It's set for 4488 (DVD-R), which I believe is the default in DVDFab 10.

Comment

please post the dvdfab internal log files as well as the burn log files.

Comment

Here you go. Since the burn attempt was yesterday(2/26/18), I assume only the first part of this log file is relevant. Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
            Those were all checked. I don't typically change anything other than the setting for Drives > DVD Write. It's set for 4488 (DVD-R), which I believe is the default in DVDFab 10.
            In DVDFab Common Settings>Drives>DVD Write, set the writable media size for DVD5 to 4300MB, which is a safe size for most of the backup process. Please have a try.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

It's faithfully worked at the previous setting since DVDFab 8 with nary a coaster and perfect playback. And it was previously working fine this way in 10 until the latest update.Given the ridiculous length/size of current movies, I prefer as much space (and as little compression) as possible. I'll drop down if this no longer works (either because of the media or my new drive), but I'd rather not. Am I the only one having this issue?

Comment

Check in Common Settings and make sure your temporary file is not directed to OneDrive. See attached, I've already redirected away from OneDrive: Click image for larger version

Name:	Temp.png
Views:	266
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	350284
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Mine looks fine: C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DVDFab10\Temp\

Comment

try disabling some of the audio tracks and see if the movie will fit on the blank disc.

Comment

The size of the content should be irrelevant. Either DVDFab is pre-calculating the necessary compression correctly or it isn’t. That is, the compression SHOULD make it fit on the media. If it really needed more space on the blank, DVDFab would simply have increased the compression.

Last edited by zapt; 02-28-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

maybe the content is still too big to fit on to the blank media. try setting to 4464 mb for dvd-5 or 8124 mb for dvd-9
                        it might be some sort of copy protection that isn't getting removed properly. thus making the disc appear too big
                        Last edited by october262; 02-28-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

The former Technical Services Director in me isn’t particularly concerned with making it fit. I should have been clearer, but I’m asking if this is a program bug in order to bring it to the team’s attention. Either there’s something unusual about this movie’s protection, there’s an issue with my blank media or new drive, or I’ve tripped over a recently introduced bug.

Comment

try checking for a firmware update for your new drive.

Comment

Good idea. I’m pretty sure I did when I installed it, but it’s worth rechecking.

Comment

Working...
                              X