Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merge mode won't compress to DVD5, subscription current.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merge mode won't compress to DVD5, subscription current.

Twice now DVDFab gave a message stating that I need a double layer disc to continue. I have a current subscription for DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile (I confirmed in "About" screen). I have ripped several DVDs to my hard drive and am trying to merge them onto single-layer discs. I got the message the other day and just used another computer. Today the program merged with compression fine. I then merged two rips that happened to not need compression. Now I'm trying to merge with compression and it states I need a double-layer disc. DVD5 is selected on the bottom. Same brand and type of disc (Amazon DVD-R) I changed nothing. Restarting didn't work. I am running Windows Vista. Just did a Windows reinstall the other day. Not sure why this is happening now. I can't figure it out since the issue doesn't happen every time. Thanks for any help.

e6bwhiz open up DVD Fab green check on top go to DVD/ Blu-Ray writable media DVD-5 size if it is set at 4300 try increasing it to 4472 or a little higher.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The options it gives are 4300, 4920, or custom. I have been using it at 4920 the entire time. I remember on earlier version of DVDFab having the 4472 option. I'll just tried manually setting it to 4472. It is currently working, but I don't know if that was the reason. I did just burn two other rips from my hard drive, but not using the merge option. Just single files. Anyone else know how to fix this intermittent issue?

Comment

e6bwhiz just be careful not to go too high as you will be burning to close to the disc edge an may get failed burns.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

When beta version 6202 was released the writable size limit was increased.

New: DVD writable media size limit was increased to support over burn.
          Just thought I'd add this so you know why the limit was increased.

Comment

Working...
          X