This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Star Wars

I have been converting my entire movie collection to electronic, not changing any formats but going DVD to Folder. I've found that none of the Star Wars movies, nor the Star Trek Nemesis will play with Windows Media Center. However, I can take a competing product XXXXXX, run it in the background and copy the Video_TS folder off the DVD and play it with success with WMC.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2010, 02:22 AM.

Which settings (to rip) did you do in DVDFab to rip it?
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Well what Windows OS do you have installed on your computer? If it XP then you have to make sure that WMC is set up to read and open from the folder that you saved them to and same for Windows 7. Now for Vista you need to do a reg hack to be able to Play from folder and here is link on how to do that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930526

Comment

Just to add to AGJ's good advice, Pathplayer needs to be disabled for the Star Wars collection but not sure about the Star Trek title you mentioned. I'm running win7 and WMP had no problem playing back a full disc rip and clicking the first ifo file in the video_ts folder. Menus were also fully functional. Also I never tested WMC but follow what AGJ posted and you should have no problem.

Comment

PathPlayer was the problem

Ok, so do you have any technical information about WHY PathPlayer was causing the issue. Both the SW and ST movies responded favorably to disabling it.

And further more, in reality, is that something I should leave disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by jeaux16 View Post
            Ok, so do you have any technical information about WHY PathPlayer was causing the issue. Both the SW and ST movies responded favorably to disabling it.

And further more, in reality, is that something I should leave disabled?

Firstly, any software specifically set up to handle DVDs has no problem with Fab's output, pathpayer enabled or not, on a DVD or not... that WMC does indicates to me it's a MS problem, not a Fab one. For any tech info about that issue, you'll have to be happy with whatever Microsoft says about it...

In reality, pathplayer is something you will rather leave ENABLED, only disabling it if the results indicate it's necessary.

DC

Comment

In addition to my good pal DC's always solid advice...
              There is the occasional disc structure issue out there that causes PP to stumble.

Fab's default setting and the preferred setting for most users is to always enable PP.
              Some users prefer disabled as the default setting and toggle it on when needed.

Ultimately, PathPlayer will fix more problems than it creates.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

thanks everyone for your assistance and guidance

The help and education is much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X