X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystifying full disc issue

DVDFAB 6.2.1.5. WIN XP
    For some strange reason, full disc option is not working for any source file on my hard drive. it works ok if I put an actual dvd in dvd drive, but for any source file I select that's already on HD, I hit start & nothing happens - program just sits there. no log file created. no previouw window, no activity at all. it's as if program has not registered hat I've actually clicked the start button!
    I can run customise OK and can tick every title in customise, but can't run full disc.
    I don't often use this feature so maybe it sneaked in in a recenbt upgrade & I did not notice

tried so far:
    1. lots of different source files, from two different local hard drives
    2. all pathplayer options
    3. toggle peview back to internal
    4. re-install 6.2.1.5.
    5, re-apply my registration key

( before all of that, the 1st thing I did was reboot & re-try , in case my PC was just having a bad day)

haven't done the complete clean install thingie yet, thought I'd ask for other ideas/tests/feeback first

waht I see, in boring detail - select source - DVDfab does it's analysis thing, tells me how big the DVD is , all looks normal. I can toggle DVD9 / DVD5 options as usual.
    now if I select a DVD9 source with DVD5 output option, so that compression is requiered, then full disc starts off OK. but when no compression is needed - because source is DVD5 or toggle is on DVD9 , that's when nothing happens.

NB I don't have the couffin driver thingie installed, because I never use that, anf there's no burning request here - just HD to HD

update from more testing:

it seems that DVDfab simple does not start in response toonly this combination fo settings: full disc - 100% compression HD to HD.
    I deleted the my documents dvdfab sub folder then ran new tests and can confirm that
    no log fiies, no temp fiels no output folders are created. CPU is idle, no crash, no error messages, no preview windows, simply no response to clickign start.

very other program option that I have tried sill seems ok - i't sjust the combination of full disc with no optical drives involved & no compression

one fresh observation.

I let DVD fab do the analysis thing the copy the results by clickin green tick box.
    so I get e.g.
    Info for folder [J:\concerts\Chic Budokan 1996\VIDEO_TS\] (DVDFab 6.1.2.5)

Disc type: Video DVD
    Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Video standard: PAL

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection is not found.
    RC (Region Code) protection is not found.
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection is not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection is not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is not found.

Invalid PTTs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCIs protection is not found.
    Invalid PGCs protection is not found.
    Invalid TMAPs protection is not found.
    Invalid CELLs protection is not found.
    Invalid VOBUs protection is not found.
    Fake vts protection is not found!
    Bad sector protection is not found!
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is not found.

PathPlayer is enabled!
    Unplayable cell is not found.

all looks ok, but when I then select a different source file , although the new title & new size appears in main window, reclicking green tick icon reveals that the above info is unchanged i.e. DVD fab is not updating as source file is changed.
    maybe a clue there ?

also tried changing preview back from internal to directshow & disabling acceleration - made no difference.

Comment

1st I would update to the latest version 6218 or the beta 6220.
      still not clear what you're trying to do, You have already decrypted DVD's to your hdd (full disc) and you're trying to run those same files thru Fab again using full disc mode again?

Disc type: Video DVD
      Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
      Video standard: PAL
      Be sure also to rename your Volume Label, Fab may be trying to overwrite the source file and causing it to hang.

Comment

ok -
        1. I only tried this function as a test, because with one psecific dvd copy I was gettign an error in another mode. I agree that it's not usually necessary to need full disc again after DVD has already been copied to HD. but it sill shoud work though ?
        2. dvdfab 6.1.2.5. says no updates available when I ask it to check
        3. I have tried changing dvd volume name - makes no difference. I am putting target file in different location to source file.
        4. OH & I have the option to create full disc, customise etc sub folders turned off but that should make no difference.
        I have no audio_TS folders - I always delete those from copies. ( the box on full disc DVDfab screen saying copy audio_TTS is greyed out & unticked)
        I have folder.jpg in source folder also , but removing that has no effect. starting from video_TS instead of fron folde name also has no effect.

if someone could just try using this function on their rig, it wouuld clarify whether there's a program bug or just something wrong with my install - thanks.

Comment

I tested this with beta 6220 and I had the same result as you, not really sure it's a bug using that process BUT I did try to create a iso file also with the same source file and it pops up error 100, I think you should be able to do this with the source using Fab without having to re-rip the original disc (ImgBurn will create the iso running in build mode).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
            I tested this with beta 6220 and I had the same result as you, not really sure it's a bug using that process BUT I did try to create a iso file also with the same source file and it pops up error 100, I think you should be able to do this with the source using Fab without having to re-rip the original disc (ImgBurn will create the iso running in build mode).
            thanks for testing and confirming that - I can quit worrying that my install or my rips are messed up!

Comment

LOL no problem and you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
              X