Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features gone

Greetings,
    After upgrading to dvdfab 11, I noticed that the disc does not eject after copying, and the finish button on older versions is now gone.Is this how the version was meant to be? Also, the button for burn again is no longer incorporated.
    Am I missing something?
    Any help would be appreciated. I am now running 11.0.1.2

click common settings - drives - uncheck "do not eject source disc when task finishes"

Comment

Hello October262,
      I never had the check mark in the "do not eject source disc". I am still having the same issue when I use the copy mode. The disc finishes and there is no finish button or burn again button in this release. I go to Copy, and add the source disc, then click start.
      Not really happy with this newer version as it is not as simple as older versions.
      Was this planned to be this way?
      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tmagz52 View Post
        Greetings,
        After upgrading to dvdfab 11, I noticed that the disc does not eject after copying, and the finish button on older versions is now gone.Is this how the version was meant to be? Also, the button for burn again is no longer incorporated.
        Am I missing something?
        Any help would be appreciated. I am now running 11.0.1.2
        You can find out the finished task in the Finished Task tab.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	finished task.png
Views:	252
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	364131

As for burn again, you can set the quantity copy you need before copy and burn process starts. See image attached.

Name:	burn copy.png
Views:	207
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	364132

Comment

Thank you Mona, Am I to assume the finish button is not going to be part of dvdfab 11?

Comment

Mona,
            I forgot to tell you that when the task is complete and I click on finished task button, nothing happens. I have to open Copy, add the file from the hard drive, then click on start. Is there something wrong with my version 11.0.1.2?
            Thanks for any help.

Comment

Mona,
              I forgot to tell you that when the task is complete and I click on finished task button, nothing happens. I have to open Copy, add the file from the hard drive, then click on start. Is there something wrong with my version 11.0.1.2?
              Thanks for any help.
              When a task is complete, it will popup a successful message, you can click on the OK button. And then when switch to Copy mode, the source should be listed there, and you just need to enable the source button.
              If, the source is a genuine disc, it will be popped out by default when a task is complete.
              Please confirm what source you used first. Thanks.

Comment

Mona,
                The disc was original" In the Garden of good and evil" in my D drive burner. The popup shows task successful,the disc comes out of the tray., but in older versions, I did not have to click on copy, just the finish button and select where to output source file.The older versions were far simpler to use. I suppose that I got very used to older versions.
                I can still copy, just not as easy as previous versions.
                Thank you.

Comment

Mona,
                  The disc was original" In the Garden of good and evil" in my D drive burner. The popup shows task successful,the disc comes out of the tray., but in older versions, I did not have to click on copy, just the finish button and select where to output source file.The older versions were far simpler to use. I suppose that I got very used to older versions.
                  I can still copy, just not as easy as previous versions.
                  Thank you.
                  You can set it not to popup the source in DVDFab Common Settings window. See image attached.

Name:	do not eject source disc.png
Views:	261
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	364297

Comment

Thanks Mona,
                    I,m not concerned with the disc popping out or not. I have never checked the box to not eject the disc in the many years I have used the program.
                    What I am concerned about, is when I put the source original disc in, pick main or full movie, and click start, The program then begins copying .I do get the popup when the disc is complete. I then click OK, then when I go to finished task,nothing is there. Sometimes the number of copies appears, sometimes not.
                    I then need to go to Copy, add the source from my hard drive and hope that when I click start, imgburn starts to burn the disc. This does not always work.Sometimes it does and burns the disc. Sometimes I get a message asking if I want to keep the same source file or keep another source file as #1, having copied the source again.I have been a user since DVDFAB came out
                    and do not understand why this is no longer a simple process.
                    Click copy, pick save to, then wait for the process to complete. When completed, click ok and then finish by adding blank media and burning the disc. This version does not allow me to do this.
                    Should I remove or upgrade to 11.0.1.2 to 11.0.1.4? Could I have an incomplete download to 11.0.1.2?
                    I,m sure you think I,m crazy, but this is really happening.
                    Any suggestions?
                    Thanks again.

Comment

It sounds like sometimes it chooses burner as target but choose hard drive for the output other times. It does sound weird. Maybe you can try a complete uninstall and then reinstall the latest version of DVDFab to try again first.

If still have the same problem, maybe you can contact us via Livechat, we can remote check it for you?

Comment

Working...
                      X