X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping automation

Hi there,

I've just built a WMC PC running Win 7 Ult 64. The intention is to rip my entire DVD library to the machine so I can effectively store away all my DVDs.

I have been trying to batch automate DVDFab so I can use my 1 Blueray drive and two DVD ROM drives to rip three disks pretty much at once. Call me lazy but I just want to stick three DVD's in and hey presto it rips them, ejects them, then I replace. Ultimately I want to hook this up to Autoplay.

The primary problem I am getting is that even though I specify the source folder in each seperate batch file as D, E & F with a master batch file calling each of them individually on a slightly delayed timer, no matter what I do DVDFab will always first try to read D drive even though I have passed it F to work with (for example).

What this seems to do is cause problems to the first instance of DVDFab as there are two processes trying to use the same drive and the whole thing grinds away until it finally works out to use F (for example).

Is there a way to make DVDFab actually just go straight to the nominated drive instead of trying to work with the first drive in the list of drives each time?

Many thanks.

hi 999111,

firstly welcome to the forums you'll get alot of people who will help you on here and maybe more so than this answer but I'll have a go.

I'm no real techie on the hardware side but could this be the drive starting 1st is set as "Master" and the other two set as Slaves ?

This would be my only realy suggestion and it may help.

There is a bit more info.. here on this URL and one other alternative is to set as Cable Select

Hope that helps a little.

cheers,

Asbac

Comment

Can you post the actual batch files? I only have 1 real drive but should be able to simulate using virtual drive.

I did some experiments on this last year and did not find a significant advantage in doing them in parallel. I usually do main movie only and compress for DVD5. The compression uses a lot of system resources.

You can use this is you want to do it sequentially.

Comment

Working...
      X