X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Compression in Main Movie Mode

Hey All,
    First time poster and while I would think this question would have been answered a few times before, I have searched and can not find it.

I downloaded the latest version of DVDFab Blu-ray-Blu-ray and verified I was a Trial User.

I proceeded to take one of my BD and extract just the main movie....no issues although I have not burned it yet.

I then proceeded to take a regular DVD and try to extract just the main movie from it...The screens looked just like the tutorial..(I chose DVD5) It showed something like 4850 > 4300 (84%) I hit the start button, and it went through all the motions of ripping/compressing the Main Movie. When I checked the folder, I had files equaling about 4850Mb...No compression had taken place.

I have read a couple of sporadic posts where it says something like the Free User edition version of Main Movie will not compress...

Can someone shed some light on this issue??? I like the looks of the software, but I would like to get some successful tests of DVD and BD ripping/burning before purchasing the software.

bama

thanks
    bama

No compression on the FREE version.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by bamafamily View Post
      Hey All,
      First time poster and while I would think this question would have been answered a few times before, I have searched and can not find it.

I downloaded the latest version of DVDFab Blu-ray-Blu-ray and verified I was a Trial User.

I proceeded to take one of my BD and extract just the main movie....no issues although I have not burned it yet.

I then proceeded to take a regular DVD and try to extract just the main movie from it...The screens looked just like the tutorial..(I chose DVD5) It showed something like 4850 > 4300 (84%) I hit the start button, and it went through all the motions of ripping/compressing the Main Movie. When I checked the folder, I had files equaling about 4850Mb...No compression had taken place.

I have read a couple of sporadic posts where it says something like the Free User edition version of Main Movie will not compress...

Can someone shed some light on this issue??? I like the looks of the software, but I would like to get some successful tests of DVD and BD ripping/burning before purchasing the software.

bama

thanks
      bama

Before we attempt an answer here, can you please advise whether you are still in trial mode, or whether you are using HD Decrypter in free mode??

Click on the question mark in the blue disc and go to 'About', and tell us what that says (for all modes).

DC

Comment

All items show trial except for HD Decrypter which shows Free..

Comment

All items show trial except for HD Decrypter which shows Free..

OK... That's good... back to your first post - how did you determine, after the first DVD rip, that the size of the files came to 'about 4850 Mb'??

Also, please advise what your setting is in Fab for DVD5 size? (Common Settings>Write>Writeable Media - DVD5 Size).

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
            OK... That's good... back to your first post - how did you determine, after the first DVD rip, that the size of the files came to 'about 4850 Mb'??

Also, please advise what your setting is in Fab for DVD5 size? (Common Settings>Write>Writeable Media - DVD5 Size).

DC

The 5 VOB files added up to that much. I tried to burn it on a normal SL DVD and it claimed it was too big.

As for the DVD5 setting, I left it and verified it is at its nominal setting of 4300Mb.....

thanks

Comment

The 5 VOB files added up to that much. I tried to burn it on a normal SL DVD and it claimed it was too big.

As for the DVD5 setting, I left it and verified it is at its nominal setting of 4300Mb.....

thanks

OK...and when you did the rip, on the main page of the program, near the bottom, is a box that is labeled 'Quality'.

What was the setting of that box?

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
                OK...and when you did the rip, on the main page of the program, near the bottom, is a box that is labeled 'Quality'.

What was the setting of that box?
                DC
                DVD5 (default is 4300MB)

Comment

Well...I did a total clean uninstall and then reinstalled..
                  Seems to be working now....

Quick question...How does DVDfab keep up with the Key changes on the new DVDs?? by new releases??

Comment

By new updates
                    Paid Not To Work
                    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                    Proudly Served On
                    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
                    X