This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Error

I am trying to copy a DVD I copied a while back. Band of Brothers. The copied DVDs work fine in my DVD player but when I put them in my computer DVD player to copy them I get can't read error. But I can watch the DVD on my computer. It gives me the option to ignor the problem but then it takes 14 hours and then locks up with like 99% done. Anybody what I can do to copy these DVDs again?

tpaulikas Yes put the original movie in computer re rip it and burn it.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      tpaulikas Yes put the original movie in computer re rip it and burn it.
      thats my problem. I lent it out to a family member and I can't get it...

Comment

Or use a disk copying program like Nero, etc. You shouldn't use Fab to copy copies.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          Or use a disk copying program like Nero, etc. You shouldn't use Fab to copy copies.
          good point thank you.

Comment

tpaulikas

The copied DVDs work fine in my DVD player
            But I can watch the DVD on my computer
            If these movies are playing fine then why would you need to copy them again????
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Why not ? it will do it just fine
              Paid Not To Work
              US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
              6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                Why not ? it will do it just fine
                No not necessarily. Many times Fab will choke trying to make copies of copies.

No need to use decrypting software when there is nothing to decrypt.

Comment

Gruñón
                  No not necessarily. Many times Fab will choke trying to make copies of copies.

No need to use decrypting software when there is nothing to decrypt.
                  You are correct as in most cases Fab will choke.
                  ImgBurn will also do what the OP is asking.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm strange as I have used the clone mode many times on a copy and have never had any problems, maybe again then I must be lucky
                    Paid Not To Work
                    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                    Proudly Served On
                    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

You must have been.

I have had the same experience as the other guys.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I agree that using Fab to copy a copy is overkill for sure.
                        Like Jimbo though, I guess I've been lucky.
                        When I've tried it, Fab cut right through them without any trouble.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Besides that, you should just use the "Write Data" function not Full Disk or Main Movie....

Comment

Working...
                          X