This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not shrinking data

Can anyone help me? I used to use this program all the time and it would shrink the data on the dvd to a file that was about 4GB large and then I would use a different program to put it on a DVD R+ but now it won't shrink them anymore. They all come out 7GB or more. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong all of a sudden?
    Last edited by maineman; 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM. Reason: posted email address

I suspect that you were using the the 30-day free trial and now the product has reverted to the freeware application which is very limited in terms of options, eg., it will not compress, it is a ripper only.

Bad idea posting your email addy. You're likely to be inundated with all kinds of nasties. I'll delete it for you
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

But I was using this same program for years and just kept updating the new version until one day it just stopped working. What can I do now?

Thanks for your help with removing my email addy by the way!

Comment

Going to need more information before anyone can help.

Start with posting a log.

Comment

I'm sorry but this is my first time using this forum so I don't know what that means Grunon. Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

Comment

In your documents folder there will be a file with the name dvdfab.
            Open this file and do a copy/paste of the log you will find there.

You can also use the file attachment feature of this forum but the copy paste is easy if you are not familiar with the attachment feature.

Comment

IS this the correct one?
              Attached Files

Comment

As Gruñón said, we need more info.
                The most common cause for something like this is that a user updated to Fab 6 not realizing you need a new regkey...which is free btw, as long as you purchased prior to 5/8/08 (or your subscription purchased after this has not expired).

Please click on the ? mark icon upper right of the Fab splash screen, then click on About....

What does it say about your license?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

it's asking me to enter a registration key

Comment

Please retrieve a new regkey here:

and be certain to request the DVDFab 6.x (all in one e-mail)
                    and use the same email address used for the original purchase.
                    If it's no longer valid, you'll have to go through the extra steps in order to be recognized in Fab's database

Comment

Working...
                    X