Random weirdness external drive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random weirdness external drive....

Ok so here is something weird I think... I have 2 identical LG external writer/drives. One is on my PC other is on my Mac. Bought both at same time. So the one of my PC been great, no issues. So I updated DVDFAB to 11.0.5.9... My computer shows the dvd writer as normal....then I pull up the new version of DVDFAB...it still shows up on computer...then I pop in a disc and suddenly it disappears from my computer and it cannot read the disc...even though DVDFAB is up and looking good, it will not read the disc cause suddenly it is no longer showing up on my computer. So I messed around with it to see if I could fix it, I restarted computer, etc etc... and again it shows up on computer then as soon as I pop in a disc to back up it goes away. Weird, so I switched the drive with the other one (it is the exact same drive LG..bought at same time as the other) and there was no issue at all. It showed up on computer, once I pulled up DVDFAB and popped in a disc it worked perfectly...Hmmm very odd that it worked perfectly when the other one didnt. So I thought maybe it was an issue with the drive, I plugged it in to my macbook and no issue there. It worked. I even tried swapping back to the original one on my PC and nope it just didnt work.

Anyway it is just really weird.... is it possible that somehow the LG drive and DVDFAB were compromised or something? It is just weird that the one doesnt work at all and the other one works fine. And how it shows up on computer then once dvdfab is up is disappears....just weird.

I mean I switched out the 2 drives and everything is fine now, I just find it very odd that two of the same drives and one works and one doesnt on my PC after it worked forever with no issue until now.

Sorry for the trouble, please remove the current version and then download this one to have a try, thanks.

32-bit version
    http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/DV...v_meta_dev.exe
    64-bit version
    http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/DV...v_meta_dev.exe

Comment

Working...
    X