This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab6 Closing

I wonder if someone can help. It was a few months between using DVDFab. When I went to use it again; any DVD I go to copy, it reads the DVD and then closes the program. Not sure what to do. I did renew my registration key as well.
    Attached Files

Your are making a copy of a rental DVD.
    Please read the forum rules before posting again.

Comment

Still this is an error of DVDFab which shouldn't happen Gruñón. You can also purchase disks from rental.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2010, 06:07 PM.
      人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
      Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I am very aware you can purchase rentals movies.
        I have over 250 ex rentals.

Unless the OP states he has purchased the rental I will assume it is NOT a request we can help him with on this forum regardless if it is a problem with Fab or not.

I have deleted your attempt to help him until the point is clarified.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

DVDFab6 Closing

To all. I appologize for not stating up front that some of the DVD's I was having trouble copying were ex rentals. Whether it is a store bought DVD or ex rental DVD upon starting to read the source DVD, the program closes in about 5 seconds without any error message. Please help.

Comment

You know I have a DVD that was purchased retail from Future Shop Canada and it reads BOLT_US_RENTAL and was purchased the day it was released. Now with that said can you read the info below and post what is asked in your next post reply

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
            If this happens with all discs or just one
            Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
            If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
            If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
            If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Sent by PM so lets get the info on the forum.
              I am running XP with Pentium M w/ 1 gb RAM. When I run the program, it asks me for the region. I enter 1 (I am guessing. Not sure exactly where to find the region). It scans the media, stops and the a few seconds late the program closes. I tried with several different DVDs wit the same results.
              If you are in the U.S. or Canada you are Region 1.

Comment

DVDFab6 Closing

Here is the vso log.

Comment

vso log exceeds the max attachment size (49kb).

Comment

DVDFab6 Closing

This is the message under info.

Info for drive [D:\] (DVDFab 6.2.2.0)
                    Drive region: 1

Disc is not opened.

Comment

Well lets try and install the latest beta over top of the DVDFab you have installed already to see if that will fix the problem. Here is link to the beta below

Comment

DVDFab6 Closing

I installed the update and did not fix the problem.

Info for drive [D:\] (DVDFab 6.2.2.0)
                        Drive region: 1

Disc is not opened.

Comment

Tried changing pathplayer to either disabled or always enabled?

Comment

tried both ways on the pathplayer with no difference.

Comment

Then my guess is the disc must be damaged to bad to be read, Fab has no problem with that title.

Comment

Working...
                              X