This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Problem

Hi, Can someone please tell me why i cant burn to disc? I Have burnt quite a few movies with the latest version of DVDfab 6. Had no problems in the past with copying to my HDD. The problem is that everytime i try burning a movie to disc it spits it out and asks for another one. Ive tried all different sorts of blank DVD discs. LG, Verbatim, TDK etc. Is that a DVD Burner problem or a software problem? I am using an LG Multi Writer DVD Burner. Ive installed AVG Antivirus then done a scan then i uninstalled AVG & installed Norton AntiVirus. Done a scan with both antiVirus programs just to make sure i havent got any viruses on my computer.

Hijacking of threads is highly frowned on here.
    Your post has been moved to a thread of your own.

Comment

And more details are needed.

Are you trying to burn DVD5 or DVD9 blanks and do you have Fab set for the right one?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi GregiBoy,
        About the question you asked: Am i tryin 2 burn DVD5 or DVD9 blanks & do i have FAB set for the right one? I am trying to burn to an LG 4.7GB disc which DVD5 is used & is set for the right one & the settings of FAB havent changed at all. They are on the default settings for when i installed DVD Fab. I ended up using DVD shrink in the end & worked perfectly even burning to myblank LG DVD Discs.

Comment

So how is it that DVD Shrink worked & DVDFab didnt? I only just installed DVDFab not long ago so the program should work even without the program being registered. Ive been using DVDFab for ages and havent had this problem ever in the past. Is It The Hardware Or The Software? Im confused.

Comment

Originally posted by doobie1978 View Post
            So how is it that DVD Shrink worked & DVDFab didnt? I only just installed DVDFab not long ago so the program should work even without the program being registered. Ive been using DVDFab for ages and havent had this problem ever in the past. Is It The Hardware Or The Software? Im confused.
            How long is not long ago?
            If you are not a registered user the software expires in 30 days and reverts to the free version which does not compress and does not burn to a disc.

Comment

It's a guess on my part but some versions of Shrink used ImgBurn as the burn engine and you're having problems with Fab's included VSO burn engine. (VSO is buggy for some users)
              ImgBurn can be set up with Fab, click the ImgBurn link in my sig for a post by Troy512, the first link in his post is a video tutorial on how to configure not only Fab but the write speed per media id. (provided it's not expired as Gruñón mentioned)

Comment

Grunon it was about 2 weeks ago i think. Not quite sure. No i am not a registered User but still DVDFab should of worked with no problems. The 30 day trial period is still valid for DVDFab. I tried to burn with DVDFAB again & there is still no success. It was a steven seagul movie called "Urban Justice". Sorry W&B i cant download the ImgBurn. Have limited internet access to certain websites here where i study. will have to download it when i get internet time @ home. I will post a reply to let yous know if i am successfull or not with using the ImgBurn engine with DVDFab. Thanks for all of your help Grunon, W&B & GregiBoy :-). Much appreciated. I hope this can solve my problem by downloading the ImgBurn. P.S Is the ImgBurn going to do what the (VSO Burning engine) does? Can i keep downloading DVDFab to keep using the 30 Day expiration period or is it after the 30 day expiration thats it, it reverts to the free version? By deleting DVDFab out of your registry editor, will that help with the 30 day expiration period everytime i download DVDFab? Is that legal to do that or not? If not i will not worry bout it. I dont want to get into trouble. How do i become a registered user without using a credit card?

Comment

Can i keep downloading DVDFab to keep using the 30 Day expiration period or is it after the 30 day expiration thats it, it reverts to the free version? By deleting DVDFab out of your registry editor, will that help with the 30 day expiration period everytime i download DVDFab? Is that legal to do that or not? If not i will not worry bout it. I dont want to get into trouble. How do i become a registered user without using a credit card?
                  Frankly, I'm surprised that you would even entertain asking a question such as this.
                  "Is it ok to steal?"

If you click on Buy Now on DVDfab.com, you can explore your payment options.

There's a decent chance that W&B's suggestion to D/L and install Img will work for you, but without details, it's all guesswork.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I hope W&B's suggestion does work Maineman. Fingers Crossed. No its not ok 2 steal. I dont steal from no-one @ all Maineman. I do the right thing in life. Thats why i asked if it is legal or not. I had no idea it was illegal cheers 4 pointing that out 2 me Maineman :-). Im a yesterdays person if u get my drift wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I pay for everything that i want to buy. Thats dead right Maineman if it isnt broken dont fix it. Lmfao yes i know how 2 whistle :-). Can u whistle dixie while eating a Sanitarium Weet - Bix? With the payment options when i pay for DVDFab: How long will the subscription last for? 6 months, 1 year etc? <U>(EXAMPLE ONL)<U> Say if i was to download & pay for DVDFab v6.1.2.5 will i have 2 pay more $$$$ if i downloaded the latest version 7x even though i have already paid $$$$ FOR 6.1.2.5? This is only an example. Will put a post up if it worked or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X