Odd DVD Issie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd DVD Issie

Just recently, I came across some rare films on DVD. And it the process of the backing them up, I rediscovered a weird issue (bug?) w/ Fab. If the program is running & I load a DVD (in either of my drives), it attempts to start the initial scan, but then ejects w/, "unable to read disc." However, the workaround is to close Fab, load the disc, let Windows acknowledge it, then restart Fab. After-which, it'll scan the DVD and let me go as normal. Now, I do remember this happening (w/ older versions of Fab) when I used to rip more DVDs. But this is much newer computer. Also note: this ONLY happens w/ DVDs; BDs & 4k's load and scan when inserted.
    Last edited by Madness; 11-28-2020, 10:09 PM.

try clicking common settings - drives - read - check do not eject source disc when task finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
      Just recently, I came across some rare films on DVD. And it the process of the backing them up, I rediscovered a weird issue (bug?) w/ Fab. If the program is running & I load a DVD (in either of my drives), it attempts to start the initial scan, but then ejects w/, "unable to read disc." However, the workaround is to close Fab, load the disc, let Windows acknowledge it, then restart Fab. After-which, it'll scan the DVD and let me go as normal. Now, I do remember this happening (w/ older versions of Fab) when I used to rip more DVDs. But this is much newer computer. Also note: this ONLY happens w/ DVDs; BDs & 4k's load and scan when inserted.
      Thank you for your report, we will try to duplicate it, please zip the whole log folder and then post it here too, or you can send the log file via DVDFab and send us the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Working...
      X