Surgical Spirit one disc rip in set is faulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgical Spirit one disc rip in set is faulty

I'm trying to rip the complete TV series of Surgical Spirt, a UK show (DVD barcode 5027626329549).
    I'm using DVDCopy and writing the results to a folder and not going through any burn process.
    DVD Fab is reporting that every single disc rips successfully.
    I'm using the current version of DVDFab but also tried it in version 11.0.9.0 with no difference in the results.

The problem I'm having is that just one episode on disc 1 is corrupt. The other episodes are fine. I have checked discs 2 & 3 and they are also fine, I haven't checked the other in the set yet.

I purged all previous logs before starting the process again so the attached logs are just for this disc.

Now for some specifics.
    The DVD set is Region 2 while my DVD Drive is Region 4.
    My "Remove RCE" setting was set to ask me but I wasn't asked anything about a region. I also set it to Region 2 with no change in my results.

I also tried using the old long unsupported DVD Decrypter program.
    Because of the different Disc vs Drive region it said it would use the Brute Force method to decrypt the disc.
    It reported that there were no vulnerable blocks in the VTS_03_02.vob file and asked if it should use a key from another file in the set (I said yes)
    The curious thing is that this old program successfully decrypted the whole disc including the episode that DVDFab can't.
    I have confirmed that VTS_03_02.vob is part of the episode that is the issue.
    Attached Files

Please go to Common Settings>DVD>Pathplayer, disable Pathplayer to load and copy the movie again and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Hello,
      I've just tried it with PathPlayer disabled. This did not make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by gilgamesh-aus View Post
        Hello,
        I've just tried it with PathPlayer disabled. This did not make any difference.
        leave pathplayer disabled and go back into common settings, click dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service
        restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

leave pathplayer disabled and go back into common settings, click dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service
          restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.
          Hello.
          I have now tried this and it also made no difference.
          For completeness I went back in and re-enabled PathPlayer wiith cloud decryption service still unchecked and restarted DVDFab again. This also made no difference.

Comment

Hello.
            I have now tried this and it also made no difference.
            For completeness I went back in and re-enabled PathPlayer wiith cloud decryption service still unchecked and restarted DVDFab again. This also made no difference.
            try switching to the ripper module, and try ripping the one episode that is getting corrupt
            and see if it rips ok.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              try switching to the ripper module, and try ripping the one episode that is getting corrupt
              and see if it rips ok.
              First I tried ripping one of the episodes of the DVD that copied correctly. The completed within a few minutes and was fine.
              I then tried ripping the one that was faulty. The disc spun a little bit at the start and then nothing. Five hours later it was still at 0% so I cancelled it and restarted everything on my PC.
              Another 5 hours later and still at 0%.
              So while the ripper module is not progressing from 0% and is not crashing I would say it isn't working either.

Comment

Please use Passkey to load the movie disc and then rip to the hard drive as an image and see if it works or not. If not, please use Passkey to create a Protected-ISO file using the Keep Protection option and send it to our FTP.
                For FTP info, please check PM, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                  Please use Passkey to load the movie disc and then rip to the hard drive as an image and see if it works or not. If not, please use Passkey to create a Protected-ISO file using the Keep Protection option and send it to our FTP.
                  For FTP info, please check PM, thanks.
                  Hello
                  My licence for PassKey is for version 8.
                  I ripped to an ISO with PathPlayer on and another with it off. The same result occurs when using the ISO on both, with one episode corrupted.
                  I downloaded a trial version of PassKey 9 and ripped to ISO again (just PathPlayer off this time) and it also has the same issue.

I have ripped an ISO version using the Keep Protection option in both PassKey 8 and 9. Which version do you want me to upload to the FTP server?

Comment

Hello
                    My licence for PassKey is for version 8.
                    I ripped to an ISO with PathPlayer on and another with it off. The same result occurs when using the ISO on both, with one episode corrupted.
                    I downloaded a trial version of PassKey 9 and ripped to ISO again (just PathPlayer off this time) and it also has the same issue.

I have ripped an ISO version using the Keep Protection option in both PassKey 8 and 9. Which version do you want me to upload to the FTP server?
                    Please send the one from Passkey 9.

>>>>>>>UPDATE:
                    I notice that you have uploaded the one from Passkey 8 already, I will download that one and check first.

Comment

Working...
                    X