This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resulting Files Much Smaller Than 4.3 GB

I just loaded the trial copy of DVDFab 6.2.1.8 and grabbed a couple of DVDs from my library for a test hop. The first result was fine but the second has me confused. It was 2:24 movie and I tried copying the main movie only and DVDfab said it would reduce it 71% to 4.3 GB. When it was done however the total size of all files was 1.8 GB. VLC said the resulting files produced a 2:24 copy but that seems like a pretty big hit quality wise. Is there any way to make it really produce a 4.3 GB set of files? I tried both the Customize as well as the Main Movie selection with the same results and neither selection seemed to have a menu that would allow me to alter the file sizes.

Originally posted by dynaco View Post
    I just loaded the trial copy of DVDFab 6.2.1.8 and grabbed a couple of DVDs from my library for a test hop. The first result was fine but the second has me confused. It was 2:24 movie and I tried copying the main movie only and DVDfab said it would reduce it 71% to 4.3 GB. When it was done however the total size of all files was 1.8 GB. VLC said the resulting files produced a 2:24 copy but that seems like a pretty big hit quality wise. Is there any way to make it really produce a 4.3 GB set of files? I tried both the Customize as well as the Main Movie selection with the same results and neither selection seemed to have a menu that would allow me to alter the file sizes.

The resulting size of that 1.8 Gb rip is way too small. Was Pathplayer enabled or disabled when you did that?

Try again with the opposite setting and see if that changes the result.

You might also want to check the first rip to see what's missing from it.

Fab is usually accurate when you see a compression percentage and final compression size. There is probably some kind of structural protection that is causing that kind of result, and changing Pathplayer usually corrects that.

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
      The resulting size of that 1.8 Gb rip is way too small. Was Pathplayer enabled or disabled when you did that?

Try again with the opposite setting and see if that changes the result.

You might also want to check the first rip to see what's missing from it.

Fab is usually accurate when you see a compression percentage and final compression size. There is probably some kind of structural protection that is causing that kind of result, and changing Pathplayer usually corrects that.

DC

It was enabled so I disabled it and that did indeed cure the problem. Thanks.

One thing I did note if anyone is reading this down the road is that the change required a restart. Following the restart it ran very slow compared to previous runs and the cure was resetting the DMA in DVDFab and rebooting. I have no idea if that is normal or a chance occurrence from my very limited use of DVDFab, but it is worth noting in case it happens to you.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X