This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Badly Needed

I am not even sure I am in the right place... Anyway my program (Not the Beta -- previous6.?? program) has stopped accepting any writable media. The brand of disc is the same as I used yesterday and they worked fine. I am an old man, so take pity, even though I have been punching keyboards for a lot of years I am close to a idot when it come to fixing things

oldpacman is it not accecpting any media or is there any other messages you are getting eg. please insert dual layer disk?
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      oldpacman is it not accecpting any media or is there any other messages you are getting eg. please insert dual layer disk?

And along with that, what media are you using??

DC

Comment

No messages as to errors, only that there is no writable media in burner. Same thing happens with external drive when tried to burn on that machine. Have tried these type of discs... HP DVD+R 4.7, Memorex DVD-R 4.7 and Verbatim DVD+R DL... as you can see I have a bad problem. Also downloaded software again and that didn't help either...

Comment

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post
          No messages as to errors, only that there is no writable media in burner. Same thing happens with external drive when tried to burn on that machine. Have tried these type of discs... HP DVD+R 4.7, Memorex DVD-R 4.7 and Verbatim DVD+R DL... as you can see I have a bad problem. Also downloaded software again and that didn't help either...

The HP and the Memorex don't surprise me re your problem, but the Verbatim do surprise me.

I'm not sure why, but many people seem to have problems with the VSO burner supplied with DVDFab...(I never had any, but that's another story...).

Please download Imgburn from the web (a freebie), and we'll try using it. There is a tutorial in this forum for setting up Imgburn for use with Fab (basically, just a couple of small adjustments).

Can you also please include a burn log (any one will do) - location C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Logs\BurnLog with your next post, as there are certain details there I'd like to see.

DC

Comment

Continue to Have Problems

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Old men take longer to get things done.

Did as you suggested. Installed Imgburn, used new Verbatim DVD-R 16x Single layerand got same message. "no writable media in burner."

So now what do we do? Remember I tried to burn with internal and external drives and also attempted to burn on my laptop without any success. Laptop is WiFi a nd I had to update from DVDFab5before I tried to burn. I was a dummy and uninstalled the DVDFab 5 when I should have tried to burn wwith that product.

Waiting to hear from you.

oldpacman

Comment

Goto keep trying
              Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
              The HP and the Memorex don't surprise me re your problem, but the Verbatim do surprise me.

I'm not sure why, but many people seem to have problems with the VSO burner supplied with DVDFab...(I never had any, but that's another story...).

Please download Imgburn from the web (a freebie), and we'll try using it. There is a tutorial in this forum for setting up Imgburn for use with Fab (basically, just a couple of small adjustments).

Can you also please include a burn log (any one will do) - location C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Logs\BurnLog with your next post, as there are certain details there I'd like to see.

DC

Comment

Goto keep trying

Do the discs show up in Windows Explorer?

Do you have any other software on your system related to disk copying and/or burning?

Using Imgburn, please go to 'Tools' > 'Driver Load Order' and please post the info you find there.

DC

Comment

Reply concerning inqbility to copy

Do the discs show up in Windows Explorer?

Do you have any other software on your system related to disk copying and/or burning?

Using Imgburn, please go to 'Tools' > 'Driver Load Order' and please post the info you find there.

DC

I am unsure on how to check if disc show up in windows explorer. Please instruct on how to accomplish this.

Have Roxio My DVD Video Lab 10 and Windows DVD Maker on my system. However, I believe they were present long before problems started.

As per Imgburn, followed your instructions but I don't know how to get info to this message, I clicked on Clipboard in Imgburn but unable to find info. Need step by step instruction on how to get info to you.

See, I told you that you were helping out an old dummy. Thanks for everything so far that you have done to help me.

oldpacman

Comment

once you save to clipboard all you do is right click and select paste to your post reply

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      once you save to clipboard all you do is right click and select paste to your post reply
                      Thank you for advice. I am aware of copy and paste and how to use them. However, when a person cannot find the clipboard once it is clicked upon, what does a person do?

Step by step help would be appreciated.

Comment

Thank you for advice. I am aware of copy and paste and how to use them. However, when a person cannot find the clipboard once it is clicked upon, what does a person do?

clipboard is copy then you paste to your next post reply

Comment

You never will find the 'clipboard' - it is term used by windows for a temp. storage area... to get the info from Imgburn to us:

1.) In Imgburn, go to 'Tools' > 'Driver Load Order', and a text listing will show up in the Img window.

2.) Starting at the top left of that program window, right-click and HOLD IT clicked, and drag it first to the end of the line, then drag it down to the bottom of the list. All the text in that window should now be high-lighted.

3.) Holding the cursor over the last letter of text, right-click and select & click 'Copy'.

4.) When you are creating a post here, right-click when ready to include the text, select & click 'Paste', and it'll be included in your post.

Re Windows Explorer, go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Accessories' > 'Windows Explorer' and left-click on it.

When it's running, left-click on My Computer, and look at the letter designation that is your DVD drive. If the name of the film in some form is there, then Explorer is recognizing the disk, and we can eliminate that as a possible problem. If not, we'll let you know the next step.

P.S. - I'm an old man, too.

DC

P.P.S. Also not thrilled to hear you're using a Lappy... they overheat too fast, and the drives they install (DVD drives, that is) are crappy and short-lived... you may want to consider getting a new drive to use as an external drive, hooked in by USB...
                          Last edited by DarthCopier; 03-15-2010, 02:16 AM.

Comment

i had the same problem i put in new drive and worked fine i think your drives just goin...

Comment

You never will find the 'clipboard' - it is term used by windows for a temp. storage area... to get the info from Imgburn to us:

1.) In Imgburn, go to 'Tools' > 'Driver Load Order', and a text listing will show up in the Img window.

2.) Starting at the top left of that program window, right-click and HOLD IT clicked, and drag it first to the end of the line, then drag it down to the bottom of the list. All the text in that window should now be high-lighted.

3.) Holding the cursor over the last letter of text, right-click and select & click 'Copy'.

4.) When you are creating a post here, right-click when ready to include the text, select & click 'Paste', and it'll be included in your post.

Re Windows Explorer, go to 'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Accessories' > 'Windows Explorer' and left-click on it.

When it's running, left-click on My Computer, and look at the letter designation that is your DVD drive. If the name of the film in some form is there, then Explorer is recognizing the disk, and we can eliminate that as a possible problem. If not, we'll let you know the next step.

P.S. - I'm an old man, too.

DC

P.P.S. Also not thrilled to hear you're using a Lappy... they overheat too fast, and the drives they install (DVD drives, that is) are crappy and short-lived... you may want to consider getting a new drive to use as an external drive, hooked in by USB...
                              Have tried what you suggested. Windows explorer does not show title of film. Show a statement that disc is copy protected. Also get message wanting to know about using as a USB or burn to DVD.

Have a desktop "HP" that I use all the time.Also have laptop and notebook that are used for back up if desktop fails.
                              ===============================================
                              Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
                              ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                              Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                              Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                              Lower Class Filter: Afc
                              Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
                              Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                              File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
                              File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                              File Description: CD DVD Filter
                              Product Name: CD DVD Filter
                              Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                              Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
                              Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: Afc
                              File Name: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Afc.sys
                              File Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                              File Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                              Product Name: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                              Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                              Company Name: Arcsoft, Inc.
                              Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: PxHelp20
                              File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
                              File Version: 3.00.90.2 [3.0.90.2]
                              File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
                              Product Name: PxHelp20
                              Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
                              Company Name: Sonic Solutions
                              Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X