This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSYCOROCK View Post
    i had the same problem i put in new drive and worked fine i think your drives just goin...
    Thanks for the suggestion but have tried on external and internal burnes plusburner on laptop. All three say the same thing. Doubtful all three burners wouldgo bad at same time.

Oldpacman

Comment

Right click the ImgBurn desktop icon and select run as administrator. Once ImgBurn opens click tools-Filter Drive Load Order-select the filter I listed below and then click remove selected filter. Once this filter is removed the program that installed it may not work anymore so might be better to find out which program installed the filter and use the programs uninstall to remove the program from computer.

Code:
      Filter Name: Afc
      File Name: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Afc.sys
      File Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
      File Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
      Product Name: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
      Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
      Company Name: Arcsoft, Inc.
      Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.

Comment

Did as you instructed. Clicked on filter, requested removal, got message warning about some programs not working. Clicked on okay to remove, but does not appear filter was removed.

Tried DVDFab6 but still get message that writable media is not recognized. Am using Vertaim DVD-R 16X discs.

Comment

Did you restart computer after you deleted the filter. I should have mentioned that as well but forgot

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Did you restart computer after you deleted the filter. I should have mentioned that as well but forgot
            Restarted computer, ran Fab6, still same message about "no writable media in burner. Thought you might need to know I am running Windows 7. Did getwinofrom Imgburn beforecomputer started Fab6, unsure what it means. also thought this might help, filterappears to still be ther even though tried to remove per all your instuctions

I 12:50:35 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
            I 12:50:35 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
            I 12:50:35 Total Physical Memory: 3,668,472 KB - Available: 2,409,680 KB
            W 12:50:35 Drive M:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
            I 12:50:35 Initialising SPTI...
            I 12:50:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
            I 12:50:35 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!
            Dont know about the mentioned Drive M, not sure where it is and do not use it in trying to run Fab 6

Comment

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post
              Restarted computer, ran Fab6, still same message about "no writable media in burner. Thought you might need to know I am running Windows 7. Did getwinofrom Imgburn beforecomputer started Fab6, unsure what it means. also thought this might help, filterappears to still be ther even though tried to remove per all your instuctions

I 12:50:35 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
              I 12:50:35 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
              I 12:50:35 Total Physical Memory: 3,668,472 KB - Available: 2,409,680 KB
              W 12:50:35 Drive M:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.
              I 12:50:35 Initialising SPTI...
              I 12:50:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
              I 12:50:35 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD±RW/RAMs!
              Dont know about the mentioned Drive M, not sure where it is and do not use it in trying to run Fab 6

Please go back to Imgburn and re-check the "Drive Load Order" just to confirm whether the filter (driver) is there or not...

If it's still there, try again to remove it directly with Imgburn from the screen you're in, then reboot, and check again...

If that doesn't work, you'll have to remove whatever the program is that put it there... it'll be a program by Arcsoft...don't know which one...

Please advise.

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
                Please go back to Imgburn and re-check the "Drive Load Order" just to confirm whether the filter (driver) is there or not...

If it's still there, try again to remove it directly with Imgburn from the screen you're in, then reboot, and check again...

If that doesn't work, you'll have to remove whatever the program is that put it there... it'll be a program by Arcsoft...don't know which one...

Please advise.

DC

Did as you suggested , filter still there. Removed seven ArcSoft programs from computer, rebooted and rechecked Imgburn, filter still there

===============================================
                Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
                Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                Lower Class Filter: Afc
                Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
                Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
                File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
                File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                File Description: CD DVD Filter
                Product Name: CD DVD Filter
                Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
                Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
                Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: PxHelp20
                File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
                File Version: 3.00.90.2 [3.0.90.2]
                File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
                Product Name: PxHelp20
                Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
                Company Name: Sonic Solutions
                Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Comment

Did as you suggested , filter still there. Removed seven ArcSoft programs from computer, rebooted and rechecked Imgburn, filter still there

Lower Class Filter: Afc

OK... you say you removed seven (7) Arcsoft programs... any left??

Try again to remove that filter with Imgburn... but first, run 'Task Manager', go to the processes screen, and take a quick look and see if there is anything loaded (and running) that is obviously Arcsoft... if so, high-light it and kill the process...

If you used the Add/Remove option in Control Panel to remove the programs, it may not have done a full job... locating and killing any Arcsoft item in the running processes may give you success getting rid of that filter with Imgburn.

If you locate a process and kill it, then try again with Imgburn, then, using Windows Explorer, go to Program files, and eliminate all the traces you can find of those seven programs.

DC

Comment

OK... you say you removed seven (7) Arcsoft programs... any left??

Try again to remove that filter with Imgburn... but first, run 'Task Manager', go to the processes screen, and take a quick look and see if there is anything loaded (and running) that is obviously Arcsoft... if so, high-light it and kill the process...

If you used the Add/Remove option in Control Panel to remove the programs, it may not have done a full job... locating and killing any Arcsoft item in the running processes may give you success getting rid of that filter with Imgburn.

If you locate a process and kill it, then try again with Imgburn, then, using Windows Explorer, go to Program files, and eliminate all the traces you can find of those seven programs.

DC

Well, I did everything you suggested and did find some ARC Soft stuff with task manager, killed it or so I thought, went back to Imgburn, it was still there. Tried windows explorer and removed a few things but a couple of areas would not let me delete because they were up and running so back to Task Manager toonce again try to kill an ARcSoft program that I had thought I had killed. Finally opened Imgburn and ran as administrator which finally got rid of the filter on IMGburn.

However, I tried running DVD6 after all this and restarting the computer and now I get query to open Imgburn beforeDVD6 and aquery if it is okay to run DV6.
                    The[B]worst part is that I am getting the same message of no writable media in the burner. I am frustrated, as I am sure you are! Where do we go from here??
                    P.S. Thanks for all the help so far....

Comment

Well, I did everything you suggested and did find some ARC Soft stuff with task manager, killed it or so I thought, went back to Imgburn, it was still there. Tried windows explorer and removed a few things but a couple of areas would not let me delete because they were up and running so back to Task Manager toonce again try to kill an ARcSoft program that I had thought I had killed. Finally opened Imgburn and ran as administrator which finally got rid of the filter on IMGburn.

However, I tried running DVD6 after all this and restarting the computer and now I get query to open Imgburn beforeDVD6 and aquery if it is okay to run DV6.
                      The[B]worst part is that I am getting the same message of no writable media in the burner. I am frustrated, as I am sure you are! Where do we go from here??
                      P.S. Thanks for all the help so far....

These various things we've been doing... are they being done on your lap-top or your desk-top??

If on your lap-top, please post any log on the computer that's DVDFab created...C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\BurnLogs.

Even if it's one of the short ones (about 9 lines long, that'll do)...it has info I'd like to see.

DC

Comment

[QUOTE=DarthCopier;26834]These various things we've been doing... are they being done on your lap-top or your desk-top??

If on your lap-top, please post any log on the computer that's DVDFab created...C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\BurnLogs.

Even if it's one of the short ones (about 9 lines long, that'll do)...it has info I'd like to see.

DC

Sorry, no, all things done on the desk top. Haven't tackled the laptop yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=oldpacman;26900]
                          These various things we've been doing... are they being done on your lap-top or your desk-top??

DC

Sorry, no, all things done on the desk top. Haven't tackled the laptop yet.

OK...the only driver we haven't looked at yet is the PxHelp20 from Sonic Solutions... try eliminating that one also... if that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is the drive itself... How old is it, and, can you take a guess at the mileage on it??

DC

Comment

[QUOTE=DarthCopier;26904][QUOTE=oldpacman;26900]

OK...the only driver we haven't looked at yet is the PxHelp20 from Sonic Solutions... try eliminating that one also... if that doesn't work, the only other thing I can think of is the drive itself... How old is it, and, can you take a guess at the mileage on it??

DC

When this problem first started I had the false impression that it would be an easy fix. All I would have to do was contact one of the smart people on the forum and they would tell me to punch a few buttons and everything would be back to normal. Almost ten days now and after all this communication my DvdFab program is still "stuck in the mud." I am tired and very frustrated and I want my DVDFab program back. I paid for it and have used it for years and I deserve my program back. ... running normally so I can copy again.

Yes, I got rid of the filter from Sonicsolutions...

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Guess what, it didn't help!! I still have the same problem... "No writable media in the drive"...

And now you say it could be the drive itself is bad... Yes sir, it is old , it came in the computer whenI bought it. Its an HP computer bought at least 3 years ago and I would say it has at least a thousand hours worth of copying on it, probably much more...

But tell me, if it is the drive{I think you mean the burner drive and not my main hard drive} how come my EXTERNAL DRIVE doesn't work either?? To me, it seems like too much of a coincidence that both drives go bad at the same instant in time. If I am wrong, and it can happen, then explain how. I am still convindenced that it is the program and not my drives. And then also, why shouhdn't it work on my laptop that has a different windows program and has not attachment to my desktop, its wireless...

Comment

[QUOTE=oldpacman;26978][QUOTE=DarthCopier;26904]

DC

When this problem first started I had the false impression that it would be an easy fix. All I would have to do was contact one of the smart people on the forum and they would tell me to punch a few buttons and everything would be back to normal. Almost ten days now and after all this communication my DvdFab program is still "stuck in the mud." I am tired and very frustrated and I want my DVDFab program back. I paid for it and have used it for years and I deserve my program back. ... running normally so I can copy again.

Yes, I got rid of the filter from Sonicsolutions...

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Guess what, it didn't help!! I still have the same problem... "No writable media in the drive"...

And now you say it could be the drive itself is bad... Yes sir, it is old , it came in the computer whenI bought it. Its an HP computer bought at least 3 years ago and I would say it has at least a thousand hours worth of copying on it, probably much more...

But tell me, if it is the drive{I think you mean the burner drive and not my main hard drive} how come my EXTERNAL DRIVE doesn't work either?? To me, it seems like too much of a coincidence that both drives go bad at the same instant in time. If I am wrong, and it can happen, then explain how. I am still convindenced that it is the program and not my drives. And then also, why shouhdn't it work on my laptop that has a different windows program and has not attachment to my desktop, its wireless...

OK... I won't put you through any more gymnastics... unless you are putting the DVDs in the drive upside down, I can't think of what the problem might be...

If the program worked before, and doesn't now, either something has been added to your system that's interfering with your DVD drives, or your drives are on the way out.

You say it's not working on your external drive either, and from the way you phrased that, I'm guessing that it's the newest of your burners.

You say you think it's a problem with Fab... in a couple of different posts, I've asked for a burn log to be posted...that'll tell me the burners you have, the O/S and the version of Fab you're using. For whatever reason, you haven't done that request.

I'll bow out at this point, and maybe one of the more technically proficient here can find you a solution.

DC

Comment

[QUOTE=DarthCopier;26981][QUOTE=oldpacman;26978][QUOTE=DarthCopier;26904]

OK... I won't put you through any more gymnastics... unless you are putting the DVDs in the drive upside down, I can't think of what the problem might be...

If the program worked before, and doesn't now, either something has been added to your system that's interfering with your DVD drives, or your drives are on the way out.

You say it's not working on your external drive either, and from the way you phrased that, I'm guessing that it's the newest of your burners.

You say you think it's a problem with Fab... in a couple of different posts, I've asked for a burn log to be posted...that'll tell me the burners you have, the O/S and the version of Fab you're using. For whatever reason, you haven't done that request.

I'll bow out at this point, and maybe one of the more technically proficient here can find you a solution.

DC

Please tell me, step by step, how to get these burn logs that you requested and I will get them to you. I am using the newest DVDFab 6 program: if not enough info on this part please let me know what you need. I am not giving up, just frustated to a state of depression. I would say Bl...y frustrate but that would be swearing on line...

Comment

Working...
                                X