This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post
    When this problem first started I had the false impression that it would be an easy fix. All I would have to do was contact one of the smart people on the forum and they would tell me to punch a few buttons and everything would be back to normal. Almost ten days now and after all this communication my DvdFab program is still "stuck in the mud." I am tired and very frustrated and I want my DVDFab program back. I paid for it and have used it for years and I deserve my program back. ... running normally so I can copy again.
    On the one hand, no one can blame you for feeling frustrated.
    On the other hand, everyone here is just another user of Fab and here on a strictly voluntary basis...including the mods.
    No one receives any compensation, but apparently, it's ok that we receive crap from ingrates such as you.

How dare you take up DC's time like this and berate him when all he has done is offer to help you.
    Moreover, he is attempting to do this remotely, without access to your pc and is totally dependent on what you tell him;
    marginal quality feedback is putting it charitably, but we won't go there.

The next time your car doesn't start, go online to one of the help forums and ask someone which buttons to push to resolve the problem.
    Then whine and bitch because no one gives you the answer you're looking for...
    Maybe it's a bad ground and maybe it's a $1000+ worth of electronics and a dealer's service charge.
    And then again, maybe it's the result of the maintenance that you neglected to do.
    Regardless, it should all be quick and free.
    Afterall, it's all contingent upon your impression right?

I dare say that if DC had his hands on your pc, the problem would have been fixed long ago.
    Sadly for you, such is not the case.

The problem is not with DC's advice. The problem is with your system.
    Care to guess who's responsble for YOUR system?
    3 years plus of heaven knows what on your system; a reformat and fresh install of Windoz is long overdue.

And yes, I can talk to you like this because I too, am an old fart and according to how I was raised, respect is earned.
    Last edited by maineman; 03-18-2010, 01:01 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The default location is:
      C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

[QUOTE=oldpacman;26985][QUOTE=DarthCopier;26981][QUOTE=oldpacman;26978]
        Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post

OK... I won't put you through any more gymnastics... unless you are putting the DVDs in the drive upside down, I can't think of what the problem might be...

If the program worked before, and doesn't now, either something has been added to your system that's interfering with your DVD drives, or your drives are on the way out.

You say it's not working on your external drive either, and from the way you phrased that, I'm guessing that it's the newest of your burners.

You say you think it's a problem with Fab... in a couple of different posts, I've asked for a burn log to be posted...that'll tell me the burners you have, the O/S and the version of Fab you're using. For whatever reason, you haven't done that request.

I'll bow out at this point, and maybe one of the more technically proficient here can find you a solution.

DC

Please tell me, step by step, how to get these burn logs that you requested and I will get them to you. I am using the newest DVDFab 6 program: if not enough info on this part please let me know what you need. I am not giving up, just frustated to a state of depression. I would say Bl...y frustrate but that would be swearing on line...

One final swing at the cat... next time you try to use Fab, before you do, right-click on the desktop icon for Fab, go to 'Run As...', click it, and in the new box, click on 'Run As Administrator', and see if that helps...

DC

Comment

I had the same problem but I am running XP PRO Sonic solutions was my problem.My drives would not recongnise the disk.I had to reinstall windows to get rid of all that sonic solution stuff because I dont like playing in the registry backed up all my stuff and went for a clean install. go to your drive in windows explorer right click go to properties what do you see there? you should have 3 listings (general,auto play,hardware).
          Is there another one there such as something with a p I cant remember the name of it since it is no longer there on mine but it is from sonic solutions and it was blocking something on my drive. I now use NERO 9.

Comment

you say you are running windows7?
            Google sonic solutions cant figure out how to put a link on here it wont work anyway.
            look for Sonic solutions dla drive block that is your problem
            Last edited by Ralph2112; 03-18-2010, 02:17 AM. Reason: problem with link

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph2112 View Post
              you say you are running windows7?
              Google sonic solutions cant figure out how to put a link on here it wont work anyway.
              look for Sonic solutions dla drive block that is your problem
              Sorry Google Sonic solutions dla windows 7 if you are running windows 7 or which ever one applies to you.Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X