This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playstation 3

I would like to be able to copy DVD's on to a Western Digital My Book NAS hard drive I have. My PS3 can see the NAS. I;m assuming DVDFab can help me with this. I'm fairly new to this, so any special instructions?

It would be ideal if it was the movie only, uncompressed with AC3 and DTS soundtracks. The goal is to play them back through my PS3.

Might want to find out what file formats the PS3 can playback as you might have to convert to a mobile format

Comment

You may find this helpful to answer you question.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...y/m-p/33785440

Your ps3 has great upconverting capabilities for play back but In the past I have used an MP4 format which I find gives good results. But Why not go Bluray?

Comment

Originally posted by sgorshe View Post
        It would be ideal if it was the movie only, uncompressed with AC3 and DTS soundtracks. The goal is to play them back through my PS3.
        You can do uncompressed with AC3 using the Vob Passthrough option in DVD to Mobile. I use it for almost all movies.

Unless it has changed recently, DTS is only supported by the PS3 when on a disc (DVD or Blu-Ray) and will not playback from a file (same with VC-1 video).

The only downside to Vob Passthrough is that the timing information in the raw video track on most DVDs is poor at best. The PS3 will often not show you the correct time during playback. Because of this, your NAS + PS3 may also have trouble catching up from fast forward but you can use a trick. After fast forward, if it stalls, simply press stop and then play again. It will pick back up where it left off.

Comment

Working...
        X