This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Read "Kitchen Table" Disks

My DVDFab has no trouble handling major Hollywood productions, but it won't read/copy disks produced by minor fabs. I've just downloaded and installed DVDFab 6.2.1 and I'm getting the same result - after spending nearly 3 hours trying to read a disk produced by "Stove Prairie Press," I've given up. (It had more than two hours to go, and seemed to be going even slower as it copied.)

Ideas?

Diddy

Originally posted by Diddy View Post
    My DVDFab has no trouble handling major Hollywood productions, but it won't read/copy disks produced by minor fabs. I've just downloaded and installed DVDFab 6.2.1 and I'm getting the same result - after spending nearly 3 hours trying to read a disk produced by "Stove Prairie Press," I've given up. (It had more than two hours to go, and seemed to be going even slower as it copied.)

Ideas?

Diddy

What does Windoze Explorer show as the contents of one of those disks?

When Fab opens the disk, what does the Info screen show for copy protections?

The discs may not be DVD compliant, which would cause Fab to stutter with them...

DC

Comment

I suspect you drive has slipped into PIO mode and will need to be reset to DMA.

Other than that without more information who knows what the problem is.

Post a log so we can have some information to look at.

Comment

DC do you ever sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          DC do you ever sleep?

Never on the forum's time...

DC

Comment

Working...
          X