This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Layer trouble

Hi there. I am new to this site. I had a trial a little while ago and just got around to purchasing DVD Fab 6. Well, during my trial period, I was able to use it no problem. Once the trial period was over I kept getting a message saying that the disc was a single layer disc and I needed a dual layer disc. The discs were the same ones I had previously used, though. Any suggestions? They are Memorex DVD +R 16X 4.7 GB 120 Minutes. Thanks!

When the trial ran out it reverts to DVD9 quality, check the quality dropdown box and set it to DVD5.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. I clicked on the quality box and it was blank. Now what?
      Carrie

Comment

Hi Carrie and welcome.
        Hate to ask the obvious, but did you activate the product?

Please have a look here:

Registration Key Problems?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie View Post
          Thanks for your prompt reply. I clicked on the quality box and it was blank. Now what?
          Carrie

That box doesn't show anything unless there is a DVD in the drive. When you have another (or the same DVD to rip), put it in the drive, wait for Fab to open it, THEN you can set the compression in that box (DVD5=Single Layer, DVD9=Dual Layer).

DC

P.S. OR go to Common Settings (white check mark in a green disc), click on DVD to DVD, and set the box there on DVD5 (or whatever you prefer) and that setting will always appear when you put a DVD in your drive.

P.S.1 : I'd also seriously think about using a better quality of blank disc, else you'll be back here posting about other problems...
          Last edited by DarthCopier; 03-13-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

If you are not helping the OP "Original Poster" with their problem then start your own thread about your issue. If you post in threads without helping the OP your posts will be deleted

Comment

Working...
            X