This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excessive burn time with Windows 7

Tried the updated free trial on my new Windows 7 (64 bit) PC. I have two drives and I always go DVD to DVD (drive D source, Drive E target). The program compressed the source DVD to 57% and then copied it within 16 minutes. The actual writing, or burn, phase was a different story. I let it run for 1 hour and only got .038% of the disk written. I gave up at that point. I cancelled the operation and deleted the Fab DVD program. I got a recommendation to try this site for an answer or solution. If there is a reasonable reply I would be willing to try the software again. I dont know if the software would also support my favorite featue of "auto resume". I know that Nero does but it also has other issues.

Originally posted by JerryA View Post
    Tried the updated free trial on my new Windows 7 (64 bit) PC. I have two drives and I always go DVD to DVD (drive D source, Drive E target). The program compressed the source DVD to 57% and then copied it within 16 minutes. The actual writing, or burn, phase was a different story. I let it run for 1 hour and only got .038% of the disk written. I gave up at that point. I cancelled the operation and deleted the Fab DVD program. I got a recommendation to try this site for an answer or solution. If there is a reasonable reply I would be willing to try the software again. I dont know if the software would also support my favorite featue of "auto resume". I know that Nero does but it also has other issues.

Have you checked your drives to see whether they are in PIO mode or if they are using DMA?

I have XP Pro (I don't think Win7 will be too different)... go to Control Panel > System Hardware > Device Manager.

When in Device Manager, go to IDE or SATA Controller and left-click on the '+' sign in the left column... then select the line your drives are on and hilight it, then right-click it and select 'Properties'. The info should be there, and is changeable.

If it's not that, then the only other thing I can think of is Riplock, and your drives will require a firmware update to fix that. (But first, we'd need to know exactly what drives you have...).

DC

Comment

JerryA
      I have sent you a Pm on the other site.
      As DC had mentioned your drives may be in PIO mode but without more information it will be hard to diagnose your problem. If you can give us a little more information I'm sure you will be happy with DVD Fab verses that (Other Software). There are many users on this site with allot of trouble shooting experience, so please let us help.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for all the help! You guys led me into the solution. My 2nd drive (target) drive is actually a portable drive with a USB connection. I tried copying the same DVD mentioned above and got great results. The entire process took less than 21 minutes with a single (internal) drive and the copy works perfectly in my Media Player. I have purchased the product. Again, many thanks

Comment

JerryA
          Glad you got it working, I promise, you will be much happier using DVD Fab in being able to backup your DVDs with forum members always willing to help, happy burning.

CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
          X