MacGyver (1985) DVD Season 1 Audio out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacGyver (1985) DVD Season 1 Audio out of sync

I tried ripping our MacGyver (1985) DVD Season 1 set using the "Ripper" module in Dvdfab 12

I rip using a 'theater' prefix - it's a straight copy of Video and Audio with no transcoding, and stored in an MKV file container.

It seems the audio is out of sync on the whole series.

I wonder if anyone's run into this before?

I just ripped a few other DVD's using the same ripper module and settings and they seemed fine.

Any tips for dealing with this would be great - I looked and did not see any settings in DVD Fab to offset audio, but if they exist that might be a way to resolve this.

(my player doesn't have an offset feature)

You may try not to copy both Video and Audio at the same time to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Mona, if I don't copy them at the same time, wouldn't I just end up with a video file without audio and another file without video?

Comment

You mentioned that it's a "straight copy of Video and Audio with no transcoding", so please do not tick Copy Audio or Copy Video at the same time to try again.

If still have a problem, please provide the latest dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file, we will check. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mona, they are both ticked, I am getting both audio and video, they are just out of sync.

If I uncheck one of them, I will get a useless output - either a video only, or an audio only - that will not solve the problem of sync.

Do you know if any of the modules let me re-transcode and adjust the audio offset?

Comment

I think you misunderstood them, the Copy Video and Copy Audio here means to pass through the video and audio without re-encoding.
            Whether you tick Copy Video or Copy Audio or not, you will have video and audio in the output file. If they are unticked, the video or the audio will be re-encoded based on the parameters you choose on the Advanced Settings panel.

Comment

Working...
            X