This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't backup Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Trying to backup my copy of Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle using DVDFab 6.2.1.8 that I just downloaded/upgraded to yesterday, doesn't even see the disk in the drive, but Windows XP Pro sees the disk fine.

DVDFab can do this movie no problems so need you to read what is below and post the info that is asked in your next post reply

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

I had no problems with DVDFab until I recently upgraded to v6.2.1.8, the White Castle movie was the first I tried since upgrading, but have since tried other disks with the same problem. I insert the disk and Windows pops up a window asking me if I want to watch the movie, I cancel and start DVDFab.

DVDFab shows:

Please insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder/image file

If I click on the folder and choose the DVD drive DVDFab opens a window asking me to specify the disc's region, but the volume name is listed as DVD_VOLUME while in Windows it shows the actual disk name. I then choose 1, USA/Canada and I see the blue progress bar for reading the disk for a second then it's gone and I'm back to the DVDFab GUI just like when I started.

The only changes to my system lately are the upgrade to DVFab v6.2.1.8 and an upgrade of RealPlayer Pro.

System specs:

CPU: P4 3.2ghz
      RAM: 1GB
      Device Manager says DVD drive is: Lite-on DVDRW LH-20A1P
      2 x External USB HDD's, but the temp and output folders are set to internal drives with plenty of room.

dvdfab_process.log only shows the last backup I made a couple weeks ago, nothing about this problem.

Latest entry in dvdfab_burn_vso.log shows:

2010-03-18 12:21:51 ---- ******************** Log session stop 18-Mar 12:21:51.640 PID 340********************
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info Current Drive selected : 1:0:0 - LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P KL0N [E] (Ide)
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info System default language : English (United States)
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info User default language : English (United States)
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info DLL Version : 4.0.5.464
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\vso_hwe.dll
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info Version : 6, 2, 1, 8
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 Info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
      2010-03-18 12:08:23 ---- ******************** Log session start 18-Mar 12:08:23.187 PID 340********************

Latest entry in dvdfab_internal.log shows:

DVDFab 6.2.1.8 (2010/03/18 13:29:22)

0m 05.18s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

I think that covers everything, as I mentioned, the only recent changes have been the update of DVDFab and RealPlayer Pro.

Comment

mikeach this has nothing to do with your problem but your drive needs a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/LH-20A1P/files.html
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This just might be that you have Autoplay set to play your DVD upon inserting it in the DVD drive. Turn off Autoplay and try again. to see if DVDFab will work for you

Also you can try updating to the latest DVDFab 6 Beta which is Version 6.2.2.0 or you can give the DVDFab 7 version 7.0.2.1 a try. Post back if either of this fixes your issue or not
          Last edited by AGJ; 03-19-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            This just might be that you have Autoplay set to play your DVD upon inserting it in the DVD drive. Turn off Autoplay and try again. to see if DVDFab will work for you
            I agree, I'd disable Autoplay. Something has definitely prevented Fab from accessing your ODD.
            For XP, one of the best and simplest ways is to use
            TweakUI.exe

It's one of the MS PowerToys (scroll down the column on the right to find it).

Have you had problems with RealPlayer Pro in the past?
            You might consider disabling this also...just disable via startup > msconfig.

If you still have problems after doing the above, I'd uninstall your burner in device manger...IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller > probably off the Secondary channel.
            Then reboot and let windoz reinstall your burner and assign thre appropriate driver
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X