Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another DVDFab won't see my DVD drive post. Help please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DVDFab won't see my DVD drive post. Help please.

I have read the boards some to try and figure out this problem but I have concluded that it might be a couple of things. I just built a new HTPC and I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with an AMD Athalon II X4 630 processor running at 2.8GHZ, 4GB Ram and a Samsung Blueray SATA drive. I have had times where DVDFab would see and read the drive (right after I installed a trial version of Power DVD) but it has since stopped working again. I did read in other posts regarding installing software in Windows 7 as an admin and I did install all of my programs as an admin so that shouldn't be the problem. I also downloaded IMBBurn and here is the Load Order info from that:

===============================================
    Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.1.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
    Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
    Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
    Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

One thing I noticed when I installed IMGBurn was that it would see the drive but after going back to DVDFab 6 it still didn't see the drive.

I have never used Windows Vista and this is my first time of using Windows 7 so I'm kind of at a loss. I have spent several years on Windows XP but this is a different animal to be sure. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks....Scott

Originally posted by Jay-Hawks View Post
    I have read the boards some to try and figure out this problem but I have concluded that it might be a couple of things. I just built a new HTPC and I installed windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with an AMD Athalon II X4 630 processor running at 2.8GHZ, 4GB Ram and a Samsung Blueray SATA drive. I have had times where DVDFab would see and read the drive (right after I installed a trial version of Power DVD) but it has since stopped working again. I did read in other posts regarding installing software in Windows 7 as an admin and I did install all of my programs as an admin so that shouldn't be the problem. I also downloaded IMBBurn and here is the Load Order info from that:

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.1.0

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
    Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
    Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
    Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

One thing I noticed when I installed IMGBurn was that it would see the drive but after going back to DVDFab 6 it still didn't see the drive.

I have never used Windows Vista and this is my first time of using Windows 7 so I'm kind of at a loss. I have spent several years on Windows XP but this is a different animal to be sure. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks....Scott

I don't think this is the answer, but it's worth a try... if you installed the progs as 'Admin.', then it stands to reason you'll have to Run them as 'Admin.'.

Have you tried that?

DC

Comment

Hi Scott and welcome,

Please try what DC suggested. Like him, I don't think this is the answer either, but it's a quick and easy first step
      ...and who knows? Sometimes quick and easy works even when you don't think it will...

You have some sort of I/O conflict and hopefully we won't have to roll our sleeves up too much on this one.

First off, check the I/O settings in Fab.
      Common Settings > DVD / Blu-ray > Read.
      Please try all 3 settings, ie., Auto, SPTI, ASPI

How is your bios set up? IDE?, AHCI?...RAID?.
      How is the sammy connected to the motherboard...directly to a SATA II port?

Does the system function properly outside Fab?
      Any other burn software besides Img? and does this function correctly when used independently?

Have you tried uninstalling the burner, reboot and then let windoz reinstall it and assign the appropriate driver?

You also might want to delete the patin -couffin driver.
      Go into device manager > VSO (at or near the bottom) > click on the + to expand and delete all installs of the patin-couffin driver.

Even if you use VSO, this driver is not needed as VSO now uses SPTI .
      Should you ever want the patin-couffin driver again, it will reinstall with Fab as long as VSO remains ticked during the install.

Oh btw, same here as far as skipping Vista...never had it, never wanted it.
      I've been an XP Pro fan from way back when. I finally broke down last Oct and tinkered together a new Win 7, 64-bit build.
      It's been rock solid with Fab. Running 4 burners (2 SATA , 2 IDE) and 4 hdds...all internal. No BR stuff yet
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hard to believe but when I ran it as an Admin it worked! To be honest I'm shocked but not gonna complain!!! If it stops working again you all have given me a lot of things to try. Thanks!!!!

Comment

Hahaha...congrats.
          Glad to hear your up and running smoothly.

Way to go DC...
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X