• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and for v7 -- addr and reg key issues

Ok bear with me, will use short bullet pt notes to state problem
    1. Got new PC (and OS), vista to win7 x64
    2. Downloaded fab v6.x for new PC; have been registered user since 2002 BTW
    3. v6.x expired last wk, and entered reg key that I've had, app accepted it and restarted on its own
    4. app displayed msg "dvd to dvd" has expired, even with reg key entered and msg saying accepted (cannot move option dvd 9 to dvd 5)
    5. downloaded v7.x, entered reg key and app accepted and rebooted
    6. step 4 msg appeared again, app gave url to validate email addr
    7. entered email addr, same email addr that reg key was purchased, sys said email addr not found (?)
    8. Choose another CS option, request reg key, used email addr as entered in step 7, sys accepted and email arrived w/o any issues and listed reg key
    9. So ... my email addr is working for sys to resend reg key, bit valid when confirming email addr in step 7?
    10. app will not work using v6.x or v7.x, and with valid AND accepted reg key --app actually states key was accepted and app is restarting
    11. each time get msg saying dvd to dvd is not allowed, says expired, fails to use reg key but app says its been accepted after entry ...

Any ideas?

BTW app was working quite fine on new PC and OS for the 30 days until it asked me to enter the reg key

Comment

try this it works for me

I always have put in my reg key but if it dont work then try tril verison and download it every month, or ask the the dvd fab to resend you youre key it helps.

Comment

I just tried trial version of v7 and didnt work,I tried earlier trail version of v6.x as well and each time says reg key accepted and than fails to work after restart.

And what's even odder ... I entered the email addr that is affiliated to the reg key, and dvdfab says my email addr cannot be found for renewels. But it has no problems sending me reg keys when i choose that option using same email addr

Comment

and yes I've requested multiple times my reg key, rec'vd w/o issues using the email addr I have registered with dvdfab .. so if reg key is accepted per app response, and email addr for reg key is validated, then how come email addr to validate acct doesn't work? (besides app not working with accepted reg key LOL)

Comment

sinsiter1 give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=545
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR. I had actually seen that thread and had tried it on back to back nights to no avail. Tonigt, did a un-install, but this time removed any existing dvdfab folders AND i found a reg file that was affiliated with dvd (?) and removed that. Then followed the rest of the directions and worked fine.

Odd that i did these two extra steps tonight, and the thread directions didnt work the past two nights for me. Nonetheless, thanks for stepping and helping out. Much appreciated

Comment

sinsiter1
                Your welcome glad I could help.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X