X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=400 on write to NAS

Originally posted by GeekMan View Post
    Alright, after much searching I think I've discovered the problem and a fix. Since applying the fix, I've had no more issues ripping my DVDs to the NAS directly. I'm posting here in case this issue affects someone else in the future.

The main problem lies with the NAS product I'm using, the ReadyNAS NV+. The issue is with the ReadyDLNA Auto Update feature. When that feature is enabled it causes large files to time out when being copied or written to the ReadyNAS, hence my DVD rips were failing. The simple solution was to turn that feature off. A better solution was to update the firmware of the ReadyNAS which also fixes the problem.

I hope this helps someone else out there. I'm so happy that I can once again rip directly to my NAS without first ripping to my local drive and then copying to the NAS. That's going to save me HOURS!

Also, if possible, could a moderator please mark this thread as SOLVED?
    I'm getting the same error and the same results. I can use DVD to DVD to my local drive but not to my NAS. The NAS I have is Western Digital Worldbook II and I don't see settings to enable or disable "READYDLNA" in it. Does anyone have another solution?

Let's give you your own thread since the OP's solution did not work for you.

Do make sure, by the way, that the location you are trying to write to is a mapped drive (ex. X:\\some_folder) rather than a UNC path (ex. \\device\\some_folder). DVDFab does not like UNC path in many situations.

Comment

Working...
    X