This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.0.2.5 won't open disks

I am another user who can't open any DVD's since v6.2.1.8. All versions after 6.2.1.8 start the open disk progress bar window briefly and then closes the progress bar window. The application remains open, but no DVD is recognized.

I have tried changing SPTI/ASPI and pathplayer on/off, no difference. Is there something else I should try?

I have seen several threads on this topic but haven't seen a fix or work around for it yet?

Thanks all

There is nothing you can do, it's broke and for unknown reason they are not acknowledging that there is a problem or they are just not listening to us. It’s pretty frustrating that this problem has been around this long and they have done nothing to correct it. Maybe next release it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by scifiguy655 View Post
      I am another user who can't open any DVD's since v6.2.1.8. All versions after 6.2.1.8 start the open disk progress bar window briefly and then closes the progress bar window. The application remains open, but no DVD is recognized.

I have tried changing SPTI/ASPI and pathplayer on/off, no difference. Is there something else I should try?

I have seen several threads on this topic but haven't seen a fix or work around for it yet?

Thanks all
      That's a very good description of the problem! I am experiencing the same symptoms as well.

Originally posted by QcGuy View Post
      There is nothing you can do, it's broke and for unknown reason they are not acknowledging that there is a problem or they are just not listening to us. It’s pretty frustrating that this problem has been around this long and they have done nothing to correct it. Maybe next release it will work.
      I share your frustration but this is one of those problems that only affect some users. It will take some time to track down the element that is common to all of us that are having the problem. Just be patient. There are a lot of very smart people here and I have confidence that the problem will be solved. Version 6.2.1.8 still works just fine.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of people saying this already, but I'll say it too since I'm affected:

"Disc is not opened." for me in ALL Betas after DVDFab 6.2.1.8 Final.

Comment

I am trying to positive and patient, it just seems to be more people with the same problem then just "some users". And I agree 6.2.1.8 still works fortunately.

Comment

Dear all,

Could you please post dvdfab_internal.log file in Log folder? Thank you.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

DVDFab 7.0.2.5 (2010/03/21 14:52:00)

0m 00.06s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 05.37s: detected dvd
              0m 05.43s: drive H
              0m 05.43s: video dvd 1
              0m 05.43s: volume label BLACK_DYNAMITE
              0m 06.61s: got copyright 1 fe
              0m 06.90s: got udf/iso
              0m 09.31s: got discinfo

Comment

Same problem with any version past v6.2.1.8

DVDFab 7.0.1.2 (2010/03/20 20:03:38)

0m 00.28s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                0m 06.75s: detected dvd
                0m 06.82s: drive D
                0m 06.82s: video dvd 1
                0m 06.82s: volume label TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON
                0m 14.28s: got copyright 1 fe
                0m 14.79s: got udf/iso
                0m 15.92s: got discinfo

DVDFab 7.0.2.5 (2010/03/21 14:24:08)

0m 00.32s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                0m 11.70s: detected dvd
                0m 11.73s: drive F
                0m 11.73s: video dvd 1
                0m 11.73s: volume label TWILIGHT_SAGA_NEW_MOON
                0m 14.40s: got copyright 1 fe
                0m 14.78s: got udf/iso
                0m 16.25s: got discinfo

Comment

dvdfab_internal.zip I hope this helps.

Comment

Well, I've given away even looking at it as it is all too frustrating.

There has been an inherent problem with any release since 6.1.2.8 let alone process them with "DVD to Mobile" and I have tried it on a variety of clean operating system installs on three different machines.

There are just too many users reporting this as a problem for it to be an insignificant bug.

Signals may have been right in the ASPI/SPTI changes.

I hope it gets sorted shortly as I am unable to back up any title released since 6.2.1.8.
                    Last edited by GregiBoy; 03-22-2010, 07:13 AM.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Well, I've given away even looking at it as it is all too frustrating.

There has been an inherent problem with any release since 6.1.2.8 let alone process them with "DVD to Mobile" and I have tried it on a variety of clean operating system installs on three different machines.

There are just too many users reporting this as a problem for it to be an insignificant bug.

Signals may have been right in the ASPI/SPTI changes.

I hope it gets sorted shortly as I am unable to back up any title released since 6.2.1.8.
                      GregiBoy,

As I said on the other thread that is now closed, I have not tried any of the beta 7s, not game to, but I am running beta 6.2.2.0 with no problems, well none that I know of.

Comment

Dear all,

If you have problem to open DVD, please re-download DVDFab 7025 to see the result, we have updated setup file to add more logs.

If it still fail, please post new internal log. If it crashes, please send report to us, thanks.

Best Regards,
                        Fengtao
                        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

same problem with 7025

im having a problem alot of others are having in that the new beta will not open ANY movie, including new moon. I tried an older disk after reinstalling v6218 and it opens fine. i even install aspi drivers as some have said but the problem remains, v 7025 will not open ANY disk. I hope the admins read this and can fix the problem, v7502 is useless to me the way it is now. NOTE: i did redownload and install v7025 and the problem remains.

Comment

Originally posted by bobb71 View Post
                            im having a problem alot of others are having in that the new beta will not open ANY movie, including new moon. I tried an older disk after reinstalling v6218 and it opens fine. i even install aspi drivers as some have said but the problem remains, v 7025 will not open ANY disk. I hope the admins read this and can fix the problem, v7502 is useless to me the way it is now. NOTE: i did redownload and install v7025 and the problem remains.
                            Still you did not post the internal log? The new download will give the devs more information. Please post it.
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              Still you did not post the internal log? The new download will give the devs more information. Please post it.
                              where do i find the internal log to post, cuz i gladly will do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X