This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot find writable media

Keep trying to rip in "Dvd to Dvd" format but when I get to the point where I must insert the blank media, I continue to get the same message. There is no writable media in the drive. I have attached the log to this thread, I am currently using the trial version.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by HHHolmes View Post
    Keep trying to rip in "Dvd to Dvd" format but when I get to the point where I must insert the blank media, I continue to get the same message. There is no writable media in the drive. I have attached the log to this thread, I am currently using the trial version.

Some drives can be finicky about the media you're using... I think Optiarc is one of those drives... would also suggest, even if you weren't having the problem you are, that you buy media better suited for video work, such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

Give one of those a try, and see if your problem persists.

DC

Comment

HHHolmes
      Have you ever updated the firmware on your drive, if not you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/Optiarc/AD-7200S/files.html
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i had the same problem. i switched to VERBATIM 95098 Verbatim 16x DVD+R Media - 4.7GB and have not had any problems. they are cheap case of 100. $35.00 free shipping on ebay. hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by marc042270 View Post
          i had the same problem. i switched to VERBATIM 95098 Verbatim 16x DVD+R Media - 4.7GB and have not had any problems. they are cheap case of 100. $35.00 free shipping on ebay. hope this helps
          That way too much to pay for verbatim when you can get 100 from newegg for

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Spindle Disc Model 95098 - Retail $23.99 FREE SHIPPING

OR

Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD-R 100 Packs Cake Box Disc Model 95102 - Retail $25.99 FREE SHIPPING

Comment

Thanks AGJ. You have reminded me of just how I have been ripped off again. LOL. Thats a good price. I was ordering from Blank media. I need some soon.

Comment

Sure no problem the egg always has good sales for verbatim and they even get to as low as $18.99 a spindle with free shipping

Comment

I can rip and burn using other dvd software just not able to get it to work with dvdfab?????

Comment

Originally posted by HHHolmes View Post
                  I can rip and burn using other dvd software just not able to get it to work with dvdfab?????

Is this your way of saying that any suggestions given so far have been tried and failed??

DC

Comment

Working...
                  X