This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other files burned to disc

I'm burning some movies i saved in my hard drive using DVD to DVD-->Full Movie with copy non-dvd files"" disabled then i browse for the Source files (a video_ts folder) then burn with img burn as the engine. The problem is that after the task is finished i open the dvd (in windows explorer) and i see that other files are there too, like other folders or files non related to the movie. The movie play fine though both in my laptop and stand alone dvd player.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64b SP2
    Attached Files

Originally posted by lizardo_manson View Post
    I'm burning some movies i saved in my hard drive using DVD to DVD-->Full Movie with copy non-dvd files"" disabled then i browse for the Source files (a video_ts folder) then burn with img burn as the engine. The problem is that after the task is finished i open the dvd (in windows explorer) and i see that other files are there too, like other folders or files non related to the movie. The movie play fine though both in my laptop and stand alone dvd player.

Windows Vista Home Premium 64b SP2
    It sounds like you're doing this within Fab and not with Img as an outside app...in which case, you're re-ripping the files.
    Try using Write Data Mode , then navigate to the Source files and go ahead and burn. This will force Fab to burn directly and not re-rip. It'll cut way down on your overall time too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

If it is creating an AUDIO_TS directory, this is correct as the the DVD specs specify that this directory is present and should be created.

Is anything else being created?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah the audio folder plus the other files seen in the picture.

edit.
        i'll try again using the write mode data and back here with any results.
        Last edited by lizardo_manson; 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Lizardo, the picture really doesn't show anything of importance.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

are you suggesting dvdfab is creating all of those files seen in your screen shot?

Comment

Exactly, well not creating them because i really have them on my hard drive, but is burning them together with the movie, the strange thing is that dvd play fine, my concern is that they are personal files a friend could see.

Comment

in dvdfab common settings, general tab, change your custom directory

be sure to select Create Files in subfolders of Output Directory

this will place the rip in a folder named Full Disc.

ImgBurn is only properly burning the correct files as you have the source. the video_ts folder is only a sub-folder of the movie structure. ImgBurn thinks your Documents folder is the root directory, thus writing all data within the directory.

Comment

Working...
                X