This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deception - Error while reading!

Hello, when trying to do a backup of Deception after a little while into reading the disc my drive starts clicking and I get the error popup titled "Reading/Writing Error Control" with message text "Error while reading! Please choose what to do?" This is the first dvd that this has happened in many burns. I'm assuming it is a copy protection problem because I was able to reproduce the problem with Dvd Shrink who errors at 27% reading the disc with the same clicking. I first tried this with version 6.0.4.0, and upon failure I uninstalled completely and installed the latest beta 6.1.0.5 with the same results. I have attached the requested logs with the relevant information from my attempts. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Other information you may or may not need.

Just happens with this disc (so far)
    Win 7 Professional 64-bit, 4gb Ram, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz
    Plenty of space on my hard drive for tempfolder.
    Have DVDshrink and Imgburn installed also.
    ATAPI iHAS120 6 7L04 [E] (Ide) drive.
    Attached Files

I backed this title up but can't remember which version I used. If there is no scratches or fingerprints on the disc its most likely a bad pressing from the factory. I just backed up Trick 'r Treat and had the same thing happen to me with the drive clicking and the read error. I ejected the disc and cleaned it with a spritz of rubbing alcohol and a soft lint free cloth (a brand new never opened disc) then tried again with no problem. sometimes I think the disc doesn't get "centered" correctly in the tray = the clicking and have just ejected and re-inserted with no problem, very wierd.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Wild and Blue. The disc didn't appear to have too many scratches on it, but when I let it play in a standalone player, it stopped reading at a certain point so the little scratches it has must be sufficient enough to cause panic. It figures it was something this easy and I missed it. Thanks again.

Comment

On another note-I'm new to the forums and don't know if there is a proper way to resolve a thread. If there is... please mark this as such.

Comment

You might try a scratch repair kit to save your disc to make a back up but it's no guarantee. Welcome to the forum btw
          your drive has a newer firmware update also http://www.firmwarehq.com/Lite-On/iHAS120/files.html
          Last edited by W&B; 10-07-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X