Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@ Fengtao or Ting (A Christmas Tale [CC])

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Fengtao or Ting (A Christmas Tale [CC])

Fengtao or Ting,

I found an issue with a particular DVD, A Christmas Tale [Criterion Collection]

I first tried 7.0.2.5 as of having issues with extracting "New Moon", as you know 6.1.2.5 does not extract New Moon

After extracting, I do my usual PgcEdit routine to correct the PGC chain to my liking. Well low and behold 7.0.2.5 does NOT extract the DVD correctly. The DVD opens fine in PE, but the Main Menu is being skipped over by PE and PowerDVD9. I started to look at it, but then I stopped and decided to see if 6.1.2.5 does the same. Well end result, 6125 extracts the disc properly.

Here's what the issue is to give you a little insight when you review the IFOs.

The original and the 6125 extraction both jump from Title 4 to the root menu in VTSM 4, ie PGCN 6 [1:32] 3b, works perfectly.

When extracted with 7025 (PathPlayer ON), the jumps/calls are the same except VTSM 4, PGCN 6 is 0:00 and just jumps to the Main Title, which is Title 2 [2:32:02] without stopping at the Main Menu, VTSM 4, PGCN 6 during playback

So when I went to post this, I noticed a NEW Beta version 7026, I DL'd, installed, and re-extracted, same results.

Then I did another extraction with 7026, PathPlayer OFF, I got the same results as 6125 w/ PP ON, VTSM 4, PGCN 6 [1:32] 3b, works perfectly.

If you any further clarification please let me know, hopefully this is clearer than mud ...

FYI: I sent all the IFO's (Original, 6125,7025,7026), Disc.bin (7026) to your email addy

Regards,
    AX
    Last edited by AlienX69; 03-23-2010, 01:38 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

I just got done doing reviewing the second disc, the Bonus Disc (2-disc set). It did the same thing as well, flies right past the Main Menu. I extracted Full Disc with pathplayer ON, ver 7.0.2.6.

I then extracted the same Bonus Disc with 6.2.1.8, pathplayer ON, works fine !!

Regards,
    AX
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
    X