This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab 7

I bought the unlimited package when i bought dvd fab 6...Do i use the same registration key for the new update

Thanks

V6 and V7 use the same key(s) at the moment. I'm guessing this will be the case until V7 is out of beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      V6 and V7 use the same key(s) at the moment. I'm guessing this will be the case until V7 is out of beta.
      I am curious on what might happen after the V7 comes out of Beta?

Comment

Originally posted by tmckin1211 View Post
        I am curious on what might happen after the V7 comes out of Beta?

Based on past performance, a new key will be required for version 7... people who bought lifetime deals, and, people who still have time left on their purchase of the v6 key will get a v7 key N/C that will function until renewal is required.

New customers will, of course, have to purchase a key for the duration of their choice.

DC

Comment

Any need to uninstall v6 before installing new v7...?

Comment

GP45
            No, you can install it separately as they will install in different folders, but I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install. In my own opinion I think it makes a world of difference on the install of programs.
            Give it a try and post back.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

.. shouldn't have to uninstall v6 ... v7 is in own folder just like vers 5 (which i still have along with v6 & v7) ...

Comment

Ok, thanx for your feedback guys...so guess i will lost all my previous settings or am i wrong?

Comment

Since V6 will no longer be supported it is foolish to have it installed. I uninstalled V6 as soon as a the first non beta of V7 was introduced. This doesnt make anything but sense to me. I know we will get the odd ball customer that says V6 works better than V7 but does it make any sense not to have the latest in decryption, thats what the whole program is about , isn't it. Its the best program for a number of reasons, one of which is that Fengtao updates its as soon as he can, if V6 is no longer updated and V7 is the new program, it makes sense to have V7.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by GP45 View Post
                    Ok, thanx for your feedback guys...so guess i will lost all my previous settings or am i wrong?

If you keep v6, your old settings will be retained... if you delete v6, depending on what you use to do the deletion, your settings may or may not be retained.

DC

Comment

Chameleon
                      Since V6 will no longer be supported it is foolish to have it installed. I uninstalled V6 as soon as a the first non beta of V7 was introduced. This doesnt make anything but sense to me. I know we will get the odd ball customer that says V6 works better than V7 but does it make any sense not to have the latest in decryption, thats what the whole program is about , isn't it. Its the best program for a number of reasons, one of which is that Fengtao updates its as soon as he can, if V6 is no longer updated and V7 is the new program, it makes sense to have V7.
                      Many members including myself and also some Moderators keep older versions of the program as they are all different, some members have problems with V7 and not V6 so keeping older versions is not a bad practice as I have 3,4,5,6,7, installed on my computer.

I have also helped a member friend out where V6 was struggling and had him install a build of V4 which corrected his problem, so with that said you can keep them or delete them.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I only installed V7 myself. But I do keep all the download versions and keys for the prior versions.
                        Just in case I ever need an old version again.

Comment

Working...
                        X