This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common Settings/Protection

I have a registered DVDFab 6.2.1.8 and I'm trying to copy a UK DVD to a US region 1.

Looking under Common Settings, there is no "Protection" - my options go from DVD/Blu-ray, Read, Write and then down to Streams. But there is no Protection/DVD so I can remove the the RCE or enter the region code.

Can you provide a 'fix' for this?

Thank you. I just downloaded and paid today.

It sounds like you've downloaded the wrong application.

When you click on Buy on DVDFab.com you are taken to DVDFab.net where you actually make the purchase.
    Do not download from DVDFab.net as this is the non-css app. It will not decrypt.

Download only from DVDFab.com or here on the forum...stickies at the top (css version).

Also keep in mind that although the R2 dvd will be rendered region-free, Fab will not convert PAL to NTSC.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry, I should have made this clear.
      Just click on the download link right here on the forum and download and install Fab right on top.
      No need to uninstall anything

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Download link

Thanks for clearing that up but where is the download link? I paid for DVDFAB 6x
        at www.dvdfab.com. Do I have to pay twice?

Thank you for your help. Don't see the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Morris View Post
          Thanks for clearing that up but where is the download link? I paid for DVDFAB 6x
          at www.dvdfab.com. Do I have to pay twice?

Thank you for your help. Don't see the link.

No... no ones going to make you pay twice... when you first log on to this forum, the second entry covers the latest official releases of DVDFab.

The latest official version is v6.2.1.8... just click on the thread title with Fengtao's name under it, and a link is provided in that thread. Use it to D/L that version.

When you've got it, please make sure to install it 'as administrator', and enter the key you got by email the same way.

Any problems, you know where to find us.

DC

Comment

Thank you - success! No clue why there are two web sites but there are. Up & running now. Lovely dog you have a photo of.

Thanks again & take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Morris View Post
              Thank you - success! No clue why there are two web sites but there are. Up & running now. Lovely dog you have a photo of.

Thanks again & take care.

What do you mean... DOG!!! ... That's ME!!

DC

Comment

Changing Regions

I just installed DVDFab6218 and tried to copy a DVD from England's Region 2
                to our Region 1. I changed the Protection settings, rebooted and copied
                the disk using Western Europe.

Got the error reading disk message on all 4 DVD's in the house.

Can DVD Fab ignore the region codes? It was a gift from one of my cousins and
                so much for that.

Thank you.

Comment

You may need to change the optical drive's region code to 2 to get it to read not sure about that. One thing I am sure of is Fab will not convert PAL to NTSC but it will remove the region code. Does your player play either format?
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I'll merge this thread with the OP's other one since we're covering some of the same ground

Comment

I'm pretty sure windoz will just change the burner's region without a prompt, but to be honest I'm not certain and not all os may respond the same.

I do know that your ODD (burner/DVD-ROM drive) will max out after 5 changes and then lock.
                      So you need to be careful, otherwise you'll find yourself locked in R2.

Exactly what error are you getting?

Comment

Sorry, I meant to add that you may be able to flash your burner's firmware to region-free and then you won't have to deal with windoz and its limitations re: regions.

Oh, thanks for the comment on my dog...Molly...
                        I sent you a pm.

Comment

Working...
                        X