This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v.7.0.3.0 from VMWare Fusion 3 on Windows 7

I am running VMWare Fusion 3 and Windows 7. I installed a licensed copy of the software, but it cannot detect a source.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Only have tried this with one DVD thus far; Twilight - New Moon.

Click on the folder icon beside the sorce window and choose the source you want.
    Hope this helps,,,,,,
    "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Yeah, stop trying to run Fab in a Virtual Machine or get onto the VM software site and try to resolve the issue.

Fab is designed & tested to work in NATIVE mode.

You cannot expect support here for such esoteric environments.

Originally posted by isd503 View Post
      I am running VMWare Fusion 3 and Windows 7. I installed a licensed copy of the software, but it cannot detect a source.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Only have tried this with one DVD thus far; Twilight - New Moon.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well, that might be some good information for people looking to buy the product BEFORE they go and waste money on it, like I already did.

I can assure you it does not work in a virtual environment.

This is too bad too, because it is a great little program. I did use it in a Windows 7 native mode before converting to VM and it worked very well.

Comment

You might try the obvious. Make sure you install and run it "As Administrator".

Comment

Do you have an external USB DVD drive to test with as the VMWare might work with DVDFab if you have an external USB DVD Drive

Comment

I found an answer to this issue and wanted to share it for anyone else experiencing this problem:

My setup -
              MacBook Pro 17" (1st generation)
              Mac OS 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard)
              VMWare Fusion 3.0.2 (232708)
              NVidia GEForce 9400M Display driver (gMux Version 1.7.10)

Inside the VM -
              Windows 7 Ultimate (completely updated)

I was unable to run the DVDFab 7.0.5.1 Beta software, and earlier versions, inside the VM. I changed a setting in the VM software and was able to burn a copy of my Avatar DVD.

If you experience this same issue, try disabling Settings | Display | Accelerated 3D Graphics. This must be done while the VM is shut down.

Comment

If you experience this same issue, try disabling Settings | Display | Accelerated 3D Graphics. This must be done while the VM is shut down.
                You might also try turning off the preview function in DVDFab. I have to do this to run it in Linux using Wine or else DVDFab barfs as soon as I select a title.

Comment

I have been running DVDFab 5 thru 7 on both Parallels4 and Fusion2 on MacBook's without any problem.

A few thinks to remember:
                  1. Launch DVDVFab on VM (Vista Enterprise)
                  2. insert DVD into Mac (SL 10.6.3)
                  3. on the Mac, use Disk Utility to unmount the DVD, but do not eject.
                  4. In the VM, goto Devices and select the CD/DVD
                  5. DVDFab should read DVD

Now my challenge, DVDFab v7.0.4.0 isn't processing DVDtoMobile on when running W7 in native PC env. I select my iso, pick output dir, ipod.mpeg4, increase audio to 150%, reduce audio to 96kbs, click start.

Anyone else having problems with v7.0.4.0 and not processing???

please no response from "gregiboy"

Comment

Vmware

VMWare Fusion only runs on the Mac...so he is trying to run DVDFab on Windows 7 in VMWare under MacOS.

It won't work (for whatever reason). I have tried to run DVDFab in a Windows XP VM under Vista and it wouldn't work...so I just bit the bullet, upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and added another gig of memory (laptop only allows for up to 4gb of ram, and it works great...DVDFab running side by side to XP.

Comment

Working...
                    X