This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Renewal Failed!

I had dvdfab 6.2.1.8 on XP PC .. only use DVD-DVD option ... 1 yr license was to expire Apr 6 2010 ... had also just installed dvdfab 7.0.3.0 , it worked fine & showed same expire date as vers 6 which is correct ... SO i went to dvdfab.net site & paid my $7.99 1 yr renew since it was getting close to expire, & everything came thru email fine including new key . This new key immediately set both 6.2.1.8 & 7.0.3.0 versions such that DVD-DVD was not enabled with an expire date of Oct 10, 2000 ...

Have tried uninstall both, reinstall vers 6.2.1.8 & always get same result of no enable with correct 1 yr extension. These install's were done as admin & I never had any trouble with keys on dvdfab before. I have read thru the knowledgebase 'reg issues' , I also see lots of registration problems now going on with dvdfab.
    Now I am out of business & frankly don't know what to do. Doesn't make much sense to keep resending a key which doesn't work. And I can't seem to get thru to anyone at dvdfab support to straighten this out. Any ideas?

I think you must have purchased at a SCAM site. On www.dvdfab.com (ONLY authorised purchase site), 1 years subscription is $50.00, not $7.99.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just as a quick followup ... I don't know if this had anything to do with registration problem, but I installed ver 7.0.2.7 & suddenly both vers 6 & vers 7 became enabled with an expire date of Mar 26, 2012, a 2 yr period ... even tho I only paid the 7.99 for a 1 yr period ... so maybe I ended up with a bargain .. I'm going to leave it alone for now but it's hard to believe that ver 7.0.3.0 wouldn't have done same thing, unless maybe there was just some other element going on that takes some time for the new key to 'work' properly ... anyway, i seem to be back in business again for now ... jak

Comment

no, I definitely went thru the 'renew license' link on the DVDfab product itself (which was the real thing .... been using dvdfab since vers 3 ... ) .... but i misspoke in above post when i said the site name, it was not '.net' so i can see how you might think it a scammer site ....

Comment

...& no, a 1 yr license renewal (not original product purchase) for just dvd-dvd option is in fact $7.99, $50 is to buy the product, but i'd already done that years ago when i bought 'platinum' product ... jak

Comment

same problem in registration of DVDFAB 7.0.3.0

I have purchased two years licence few hours ago.

Downloaded version 7.0.3.0 as directed from site and installed in Windows 7 64bit with admin privilages.

When i installed (succesfully according to program due to relative messages for the verification of registration procedure) the licence key and the key files nothing really changed when program restarted and i am still in trying mode.

What's wrong?

Comment

your experience is similar to mine (i got all the right messages too) with 7.0.3.0 altho i have XP & not win7, you may have some other issue .. & even tho 7.0.3.0 should have same fixes as 7.0.2.7beta (see release notes regarding registration fix), you might consider install that instead , apply key, & see if any difference.
              .. like i said , maybe something else at play but probably couldn't hurt ... jak

Comment

Licence renewal problem

Hi. I'm having pretty much the same problem as described above. DVDFab v6 worked fine a week ago. Tried it yesterday and it complained about DVD to Mobile licence expiry (renewed it and "then" checked and found that I only bought it 6 months ago!!). Took the opportunity to upgrade to v7 as I figured the later verson may help with the issue and requested a new licence key. Entered the new licence key and at the point where it says DVDFab should re-start it doesn't and the new licence key isnt retained. I paid for DVD platinum a few years ago and DVD to mobile 6 months ago and am now running on trial licences so have 30 days to get this resolved. Just in case it's suggested ... all purchases were done through the official DVDFab website and have been working fine for years up until yesterday. Any updates on the issue and what can be done to resolve it gratefully received.

Comment

Working...
                X