This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab does not properly relay the burn settings to ImgBurn

Ever since the latest beta release and including the most recent release, DVDFab doesn't pass the burn setting properly. I have specifically set my burn speed at 4x but DVDFab is passing MAX to ImgBurn which is causing the discs to try to burn so fast that it generates IO errors and I am losing disks like crazy, this is just asinine. Any idea what's wrong and why its being like this and how to fix this? I was asked to use ImgBurn because it was better than VSO and now this doesn't work right either, so what gives? TIA.
    Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k

Screen and Supporting Shots

This is my settings under DVDFab: (It is set to 4x clearly and explicitly)

This what ImgBurn shows as soon as it loads: (Shows MAX and ignores 4x)

This is what the log shows: (clearly calculated for 8x as shown)

There is clearly a problem with how DVDFab is passing the settings and its costing me alot of bad discs by using excessive burn settings that I did not choose or want to use. Why hasn't DVDFab updated itself to work with the ImgBurn properly, I also have the latest version of ImgBurn so maybe they changed something that DVDFab needs to account for and it is not doing it at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by GµårÐïåñ View Post
      Ever since the latest beta release and including the most recent release, DVDFab doesn't pass the burn setting properly. I have specifically set my burn speed at 4x but DVDFab is passing MAX to ImgBurn which is causing the discs to try to burn so fast that it generates IO errors and I am losing disks like crazy, this is just asinine. Any idea what's wrong and why its being like this and how to fix this? I was asked to use ImgBurn because it was better than VSO and now this doesn't work right either, so what gives? TIA.

When you are setting the burn speed to 4X, I sure hope that's in Imgburn... Fab has to be set at 'recommended', and all burn speeds set in Imgburn.

The way of getting around that so you're not setting every single burn manually is to preset all your media in Imgburn, writing speed based on MID.

There are instructions here for doing that.

Unless I've mis-read your post and you've already done all that...

Please advise.

DC

Comment

Hello my friend and how are you?

I recall having the problem you described. To be honest, I don't know when it started, but long ago, I passed the baton to Img.
        Please set the burn speed in Fab to Recommended and then set up Img"s Automatic Write Speed .

It's pretty intuitive, but Troy's video tutorial does a great job
        http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2.

This offers a huge advantage as Img will "remember" the burner and the MID.

//Edit
        Ahhh...I see I'm still the slowpoke of the forum.
        Oh well, consistency is a good thing, eh?
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have read those instructions and I have been doing this long enough to know that hard coding the settings in ImgBurn has ALWAYS been ignored when DVDFab launches and sends its own settings, I hope you know that.

I have been using DVDFab for years and I have been ImgBurn with it this way for nearly a year, give or take, so suddenly things like this happen, I am certain has nothing to do with my configuration, but I appreciate the thought, I have tried that and each and every time even hard coded settings are being override by the ones sent by DVDFab, so obviously its on the DVDFab side that's not working.

GregiBoy, StormJumper, Jimbo, Maineman, Bean, Td1, W&B, or Troy, guys anyone want to jump in here and give a friend a hand

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Hello my friend and how are you?

I recall having the problem you described. To be honest, I don't know when it started, but long ago, I passed the baton to Img.
            Please set the burn speed in Fab to Recommended and then set up Img"s Automatic Write Speed .

It's pretty intuitive, but Troy's video tutorial does a great job
            http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2.

This offers a huge advantage as Img will "remember" the burner and the MID.

//Edit
            Ahhh...I see I'm still the slowpoke of the forum.
            Oh well, consistency is a good thing, eh?
            I am hanging in there, you know why so I won't go into it but thank you very much for asking. It seems you read my mind because while I was posting my reply and asking you guys to jump in and there you were, I love you guys for that. Don't worry about missing the timing and being "slow" I just missed your post before I posted mine so we are in good company. I will try what you have said and the previous person who tried to help me and see how it goes, but I don't understand why suddenly it would go to crap when the interaction has been working with my current settings for a long while, this changed when 7.x was released, since the beta. *SIGH*

Comment

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I have been battling a nasty case of pneumonia but I did what you said, set DVDFab to recommended and set the ImgBurn to 4x and its working that way now. However, ImgBurn has to be set to that behavior on EVERY kind of different media you use, so its a bit cumbersome but works. For some reason there is no way to set the speed by drive, regardless of media, instead you have to associate it with each media id AND the drive. Seems a bit disproportionate but hell free program what can you expect right? you get what you pay for

Comment

Working...
              X