This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to "play" a saved dvd from file?

k I'm new. I've been able to make several copies of some favorite dvd's to my hard drive with dvdfab, and used the shrink utility to make disk copies (that work!) but I'm wondering what I can do to run the movies from the saved locations on my hard drive?? I see several movie portions that run, but how to start the whole movie escapes me.

D/L and install VLC , free, does not rely on external codecs and will play just about anything you throw at it.

Do not attempt to play the individual .vob files
    Easy way is just right click on the movie folder
    or the VIDEO_TS Folder within and select play with VLC
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

when you open the VIDEO_TS_folder you will see lots of vobs bup and ifo files. What I usually do is click the first IFO file and play that which will play the file like the actual DVD was playing. I use PowerDVD9, Media Center And windows Media Player to play them like this and it works for me

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        when you open the VIDEO_TS_folder you will see lots of vobs bup and ifo files. What I usually do is click the first IFO file and play that which will play the file like the actual DVD was playing. I use PowerDVD9, Media Center And windows Media Player to play them like this and it works for me

Yes the ts file will run in windows media but it stops at the end of it...it's like windows media doesn't know the ts files are all supposed to be connected...each one runs but only to the end.

Comment

Did you try what I suggested in post #2?
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I suggest resaving the dvd from your disk as an .iso file. then you can quickly and easily burn a new dvd, or use the free virtual drive tool that dvdfab offers to mount the .iso image as a dvd...you can mount and dismount multiple times quickly and easily to just then click on the mounted drive and it will play with something simple like windows media player. i store all my dvds as .iso files so they are super versatile and easy to burn or use!

Comment

Are you using Vista?

Comment

Working...
              X