This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camcorder output

right now, my dvd-camcorder doesnt have a software to convert the dvd recorded files to mpg/avi/etc... (the 1-up fancier model has the disc)
    so i can only watch what i've recorded either on dvd-cam playback, OR use a/v jacks to hook it to the TV.

so am i able to use "dvd to dvd" to put merge/convert the videos i've recorded on my dvd video camera to a single disc ?
    right now i've got 4 discs but its annoying

[redacted]
    Last edited by Complication; 03-31-2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed request that would violate forum rules if answered.

Post moved to new thread. Please don't hijack other threads.

Also, this forum is not a place to ask for solutions that do not involve DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      Post moved to new thread. Please don't hijack other threads.

Also, this forum is not a place to ask for solutions that do not involve DVDFab.

of course it involves dvdfab.

i just asked if dvd-fab's "dvd to dvd" option perform the requested function ?

Comment

Originally posted by buzz945 View Post

No, Fab's DVD to DVD will not convert files to DVD video compliant structure.
        It is decrypting software and will only work within the confines of dvd video compliant structure, ie., MPEG-2 video

Besides, your camcorder recording is not encrypted.
        Wrong software entirely
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

No you asked if other free software would do what you want and I removed it.

Re-reading your post, I'm not really sure what you are asking for. Is the output from the camcorder in DVD format? Do you want to merge to DVD discs into one or do you want to convert the DVD to "mpg/avi/etc"? If the answer to the first question is false then DVDFab is not for you. Otherwise, the answer to the second question will help us direct you to the correct part of DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            Is the output from the camcorder in DVD format? Do you want to merge to DVD discs into one or do you want to convert the DVD to "mpg/avi/etc"? If the answer to the first question is false then DVDFab is not for you. Otherwise, the answer to the second question will help us direct you to the correct part of DVDFab.

yes. the camcorder writes in dvd format.
            each time you hit record on camcorder, it writes a new dvd file (either *.vob, or some other extention i cant remember - it might start with *.t-- ?)
            so theres lots of individual files

so anyways, if i take my dvdrw from my camcorder, will dvd-fab figure out how to either merge the *.vobs recorded into 1 continuous run, or make it like a dvd movie, or how will the program behave to better consolidate the numerous *.vob files ?

Comment

does your camcorder have a USB port? Also name and brand of the camcorder would be useful in helping with this. I have the JVC Everio GZ-MG680 160gb HDD Camcorder but have not tried the output files with DVDFab so would like to know what camcorder you have so can figure this out for you

Comment

yes. the camcorder writes in dvd format.
                each time you hit record on camcorder, it writes a new dvd file (either *.vob, or some other extention i cant remember - it might start with *.t-- ?)
                so theres lots of individual files

so anyways, if i take my dvdrw from my camcorder, will dvd-fab figure out how to either merge the *.vobs recorded into 1 continuous run, or make it like a dvd movie, or how will the program behave to better consolidate the numerous *.vob files ?
                This depends how the DVD is authored and what you are trying to do. The number of VOB files on the DVD doesn't matter. The only issue is how many DVD titles are being created.

BTW, you will most likely want to turn off path player when ripping this kind of disc.

You still haven't really told us what you are trying do. What is the final thing or things you are trying to create?

Comment

oh yea
                  i'm trying to pool all the *.vob files in various discs into 1 dvd disc and
                  be able to play it in a dvd player and not having to
                  use the camcorder + a/v jacks to view the vids on the discs

like when you put in a movie and it auto-runs --> i like to do the same
                  i didnt know if you had to re-convert the *.vob into mpg/avi/etc...
                  to make it playable

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    does your camcorder have a USB port? Also name and brand of the camcorder would be useful in helping with this. I have the JVC Everio GZ-MG680 160gb HDD Camcorder but have not tried the output files with DVDFab so would like to know what camcorder you have so can figure this out for you

i got a panasonic dvd-camcorder - no usb drive. disc only.

i know HD-cams operate differently than dvd-cams
                    cos it can convert the files directly

Comment

sorry, its *.VRO file - - not a *.vob

*.vro file is panasonics own media extension for dvd recordings

so not sure if dvd-fab is able to read *.vro ?

Comment

oh yea
                        i'm trying to pool all the *.vob files in various discs into 1 dvd disc and
                        be able to play it in a dvd player and not having to
                        use the camcorder + a/v jacks to view the vids on the discs

like when you put in a movie and it auto-runs --> i like to do the same
                        i didnt know if you had to re-convert the *.vob into mpg/avi/etc...
                        to make it playable
                        In that case you should be able to rip to the hard drive using DVD to DVD Full Disc (DVD9) and then use the Merge option to gather the various discs into one. There is a tutorial on how to use merge on the DVDFab.com website.

Comment

OK so these DVDs your camcorder burns to are in a .VRO file format and they play on your DVD player? Can your DVD Player play Divx??? If it can then you can use the File to Mobile to create a Divx file to burn to DVD or USB flash/thumb drive if the DVD player supports that. This is the only thing I can think of so you can play the movies on you TV with out useing the RCA out on camcorder

Comment

Working...
                          X