This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Region-Free & DVDFab Running Together

When I start DVDFab, it also automatically kicks off DVD Region-Free.
    Must these 2 programs - DVD Region-Free & DVDFab run together?.
    I believe they should run independently.
    I do not wish to delete DVD Region-Free as it is associated with the DVD drive for Region-Free.

I thank you in anticipation of your response.

Regards,
    Leeroy

you need to exit DVD Region-Free before you start DVDFab

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      you need to exit DVD Region-Free before you start DVDFab
      As mentioned previously, when I click on DVDFab icon to start, DVD Region-Free starts before DVDFab, then on the bottom of the menu icon bar, I right click and exit DVD Region-Free, subsequently DVDFab starts. I hope this is fine?.
      Previously, I noticed when running both, DVDFab become unstable. At times it cannot read the disc.
      Thanks for your response AGJ.

Comment

this is a strange one that DVD Region free starts when DVDFab starts. Are you sure it not start when computer starts and just idle until you insert a DVD in to your DVD Drive. Also if you are using Vista or Windows 7 DVD Region free does not work on them. If I was you I would take a look at Passkey it similar to DVD Region free but not the same as it has more features and is able to do Bluray. It is also free to try while it is in the early beta stages before public release so give it a look and it is located in the Beta area of the forum and also the passkey area of forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          this is a strange one that DVD Region free starts when DVDFab starts. Are you sure it not start when computer starts and just idle until you insert a DVD in to your DVD Drive. Also if you are using Vista or Windows 7 DVD Region free does not work on them. If I was you I would take a look at Passkey it similar to DVD Region free but not the same as it has more features and is able to do Bluray. It is also free to try while it is in the early beta stages before public release so give it a look and it is located in the Beta area of the forum and also the passkey area of forum.
          I am running Win XP SP3, and am sure that DVD Region-Free has not started when my PC boots up. The icon is NOT in my bottom tray. I have Max Registry Cleaner where I can view the Starup Entries, and DVD Region-Free is not listed.

I have just resolved my problem. I went into DVD Region-Free Configuration for Supported Programs - remove DVDFab from the list.
          Now when I start DVDFab, DVD Region-Free does not start.

BTW - DVD Region-Free is also Fengtao's baby!

I will also take a look at passkey.

Thanks a million for your help - AGJ.

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy View Post
            I am running Win XP SP3, and am sure that DVD Region-Free has not started when my PC boots up. The icon is NOT in my bottom tray. I have Max Registry Cleaner where I can view the Starup Entries, and DVD Region-Free is not listed.

I have just resolved my problem. I went into DVD Region-Free Configuration for Supported Programs - remove DVDFab from the list.
            Now when I start DVDFab, DVD Region-Free does not start.

BTW - DVD Region-Free is also Fengtao's baby!

I will also take a look at passkey.

Thanks a million for your help - AGJ.
            Never knew about the configuration so good you got that figured out and yes I know DVD Region-Free is as well fengtao's baby as I have a license for it that I bought back in 2005.

Your welcome as well

Comment

Working...
            X