This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Princess and the Frog problems

I have tried to do main movie on princess and the frog about 10 times. It works but the movie has periods where the motion freezes and the sound stops. It almost looks and feels like it is skipping. I have used the latest 6.x version and I downloaded the 7.x version last night and still have the problem. I tried it in two different DvD readers in the machine and they both result in the same thing?

I have played the disc without incident in a normal dvd player.

Any thoughts or is anyone seeing this too?

Thanks!

Neil

Post a burn log, guessing it's write speed related but a log would help.

Comment

I have to go RTFM because I never have done or provided a log.

The problem is not writing. The issue is the VOB created. I copied it to my laptop and played the VOB and it is acting flaky...

I turned off pathplayer and I am going to see if the recommended chapter and angle works any better.

Thanks!

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by heffneil View Post
        I have to go RTFM because I never have done or provided a log.

The problem is not writing. The issue is the VOB created. I copied it to my laptop and played the VOB and it is acting flaky...

I turned off pathplayer and I am going to see if the recommended chapter and angle works any better.

Thanks!

Neil
        Read what is listed below and post the info to your next post reply to this thread. Also if you not post the info asked then it might be a long wait till you get help

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…â€). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
        If this happens with all discs or just one
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
        If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

I used someone's suggestion on chapter 21 and it wasn't any good it is all out of order!

Anyway I am back to the drawing board on this movie. Too bad...

Neil

Comment

heffneil
            Put the movie in your DVD player and as the movie is playing take note of what Title# it is, when you open Fab and it analyzes the disc make sure it is the same Title# that was playing as before and chose that number.
            I have seen Fab pick the wrong title before, not very often but it did.
            Hope this helps you
            CBR929
            If you still have problems please post your logs:
            The default location is:
            C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
            Last edited by CBR929; 04-18-2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Right I have done that before and it usually works. For some reason I haven't tried it but now I think I just have to. I never had the skipping sound problem before. So this was a strange problem... I tried the latest beta 7.x and the latest 6.x releases.

Comment

heffneil
                You can always copy it to your hard drive and view it before burning with VLC it's free and you will find it here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
                Please post back with results
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Yeah I don't burn my movies. I rip them and combine all the VOB's with VOB2MPG and rename the file as vob and watch it with sagetv. I thought maybe the VOB2MPG was a problem but it isn't because each of the individual vob's that DVDFab creates has issues.

Comment

To rule this out as a DVDFab issue I am going to try my DVD of this movie and rip it to hard drive as movie only and then play to see if I have same issue. I will post the results once I am finished

Comment

I had no problem playing a movie only rip of this movie. by the way when playing the video TS you need to select the first IFO file to play the movie or you will experience playback problems as that IFO has all the navigation for all the individual vobs and if they are played one by one they will be out of order

Comment

Still can't rip this one. I bought the bluray to try to have better luck and I keep getting the low vision audio. I have NOT idea which title / angle to rip. There are 5 with the same length and I have tried them all. I am using TSMuxer to put them all together after the main movie is ripped with bluray.

Title numbers are 289,290,291,292,363. Anyone done the movie only and had no problems?!

Comment

Originally posted by heffneil View Post
                          I have to go RTFM because I never have done or provided a log. Thanks! Neil
                          Still can't rip this one. I bought the bluray to try to have better luck and I keep getting the low vision audio.
                          Could you please enlighten me by what these sentences mean
                          CBR929

Comment

Yeah, low vision audio is a bit of an oxymoron.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

On the movie I have ripped every version of the DVD (The various titles) and each has the audio track for low vision audio. The low vision audio has a narrator who describes each scene! It isn't what I am looking for and while ripping the DVD version I noticed it. Has anyone noticed that in the DVD version the extension of the audio track has description while in the bluray version it does not. At least on the handful of blurays I have never seen any description of the track. For instance Directors Comments and low vision. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

Neil

Comment

Working...
                              X