This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont burn certain DVD

Have the version 7.0.2.7 and tried to burn Couples Retreat but I'm getting an error reading the DVD. Anyone else having this issue?

thanks...LB

Lostboy1457
    Need more info please read this and post back http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=15
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Error while burning certain Movie

Error says:

"Error While Reading! Please Choose What to do?"

"Abort / Retry / Ignore / Ignore All"

Below is the Log:

DVDFab 7.0.2.7 (2010/04/08 19:15:26)

0m 03.27s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 33.71s: detected dvd
      0m 33.75s: drive E
      0m 33.75s: video dvd 1
      0m 33.75s: volume label COUPLES_RETREAT
      0m 34.02s: got copyright 1 fe
      0m 34.64s: got udf/iso
      0m 36.19s: got discinfo

DVDFab 7.0.2.7 (2010/04/08 19:23:35)

0m 01.12s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 10.18s: detected dvd
      0m 10.24s: drive E
      0m 10.26s: video dvd 1
      0m 10.26s: volume label COUPLES_RETREAT
      0m 10.54s: got copyright 1 fe
      0m 11.49s: got udf/iso
      0m 13.07s: got discinfo

DVDFab 7.0.2.7 (2010/04/08 19:53:45)

0m 06.17s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      1m 06.16s: detected dvd
      1m 06.20s: drive E
      1m 06.20s: video dvd 1
      1m 06.20s: volume label COUPLES_RETREAT
      1m 06.50s: got copyright 1 fe
      1m 07.11s: got udf/iso
      1m 12.40s: got discinfo

Comment

Oh yea...this too:

18:49:55: Analyzing of DVD started
        18:49:55: Task_1 failed! Error=400()

Thank you!

Comment

Update to the latest beta DVDFab 7032

Comment

Lostboy1457

Try cleaning the disc.
            Also give this a read http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=576
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also make sure that pathplayer is Always enabled as well

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Personally I think the issue is with a new type of encryption on the disk. It’s the same exact error that I received a while back when New Moon was released…I was one of the first people to get the disk and the update did fix the issue.

I’ve cleaned the disk and updated to the most recent DVDFab 7032 and I still get this error.

It’s important to note that the error comes up while DVDFab is analyzing the disk. I don’t even get to select “Start” because it never get’s to that point. It spends about a minute analyzing the disk and I can hear it…and then I get the error. You can’t ensure path-player is enabled because everything is grayed out until the disk is recognized and you’re ready to hit the “Start” button.

I’ve tried selecting the Ignore All and that doesn’t work…it just makes me wait about two minutes before the error comes up again.

Has anyone tried to copy Couples Retreat? Again...I think the issue is with a new type of encryption…but I’m not the expert on the subject.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostboy1457 View Post
                  Has anyone tried to copy Couples Retreat? Thanks for any help.
                  Yup, I created a bkup back on 2/12...sorry not sure if I did it with the tail end of Fab 6.xxx or Fab 7000 Beta, but I had no problems and don't recall anything special about the copy protection.

Have you gone through the list of usual suspects linked by CB above?
                  (I know you cleaned the disc).

Have you tried disabling/enabling PP prior to inserting a disc...this way you can make any setting changes without the hassles you described.
                  Have you also tried with another ODD?
                  As a last resort, maybe a bad press?
                  You could test it.

Are you R1?
                  Sorry if I missed it

In the interim, I'll try to locate the disc. It would be asking too much for my "adult" children to borrow the bkup and not the original...
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Have the version 7.0.2.7 and tried to burn Couples Retreat but I'm getting an error reading the DVD. Anyone else having this issue?

thanks...LB
                    I copied it just fine with 7.030. No problems whatsoever.

Comment

I downloaded the most recent DVDFab and it doesn't wokr. Funny thing is that Couples Retreat does work in either DVDFab or DVDFab Passkey...but it does play in my BluRay player, so I know it's not damaged. I guess I can live with not having this movie in my collection.

Comment

I downloaded the most recent DVDFab and it doesn't wokr. Funny thing is that Couples Retreat does work in either DVDFab or DVDFab Passkey...but it does play in my BluRay player, so I know it's not damaged. I guess I can live with not having this movie in my collection.
                        I'm guessing this is a typo (above in bold red).
                        The fact that it plays ok does not equate with ripping ok.
                        This sounds more and more like a physical defect with the disc.

You can check it with VSO Inspector or Nero CD-DVD Speed, but since the disc is encrypted you can't simply run either app.
                        You can run Passkey or another on-the-fly-decrypter in the background...
                        or...
                        open a software player like Power DVD, VLC and start "play", the stop, but do not exit the player.
                        Now run a scan with one of the apps I suggested.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes it was a typo...mean to say it doesn't work.

So here's the scoop...I watched the movie last night on the original disk and halfway into the movie...the disk froze. So, it appears that the disk is IS defective. I apologize for wasting everyone's time...but it's good to know that the folks on the board very helpful. Thanks...LB

Comment

No apology needed.
                            Glad you figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X