• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    ???
    Were you able to resolve this?
    Please post a new burn log.
    Thanks
    We ask for logs but get nothing??????????
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

starting over

I have no logs ,I stared over with the free down load.that way I can see iof my computer. so far the trail will not record. fail to burn.

i do not have a lot of computer knowledge, but are willing to learn.

i think the key is in basic settings. please advise as to step one of setting up to succeed.I also want to thank you for hanging with me so far.will be on stand by for advice.

Comment

time
        If you have tried to burn you must have a burn log The default location is:
        C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.

Please just copy and paste the burn log(s) and post right here.
        Also your drive has a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._SB03.exe.html
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

time
          Open Fab> green check top right>DVD /Blu-ray>Write>check booktype to DVD-ROM.Also try burning at 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's which would be 8x

Comment

burn log free version

20:54:46: You are going to try "DVD to DVD" option.
            20:54:51: Analyzing of DVD started
            20:55:02: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
            20:55:02: Copy process started
            21:08:05: Copy process completed successfully
            21:08:05: Burn DVD folder (C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\MainMovie\HIGH_CRIMES\) started
            21:08:17: Task_2 failed! Error=122

Comment

112 HWS_DEVICEINITFAILED 12 // initialization of the writing device has failed

It sounds to me like you either have a hardware problem or a software/driver conflict somewhere.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sounds a lot like when my old lite-on DVD burner took a dirt nap. How old is your burner/ computer
                Lancool K-56 case.
                OCZ 700watt PSU.
                MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                WD 2TB.
                EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

upgrade

I completely upgraded board,processor,and burners in jan-feb 2010.haven't been wild about it.

intel dq45cb motherboard
                  2.67 gig core2quad q9400 processor
                  3 gig memory

this thing should be smoking through this.

Comment

The error you posted indicates a calibration failure...the most frequently seen cause is poor media compatibility with your burner/firmware.

I'm stuck at work still so my time to look stuff up is limited, but if your burners were just replaced, then your firmware is probably pretty close to being utd...probably worth a look though.

I'd swap media. While sony is pretty good stuff, it tends to be a bit finicky and often just won't cooperate.
                    Recommend you pick up some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media

Still waiting to hear if you've resolved the PIO/DMA issue
                    Do you need help figuring this out?
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

don't understand?

don't understand what you mean by pio/dma issue. i followed directions post the other night.i did the dma thing thought my computer was not going to go back to windows.i kept rebooting it until it came back up.

now that you mention it shortly after the upgrade that my problem started.

i will take any help that you are willing to give.i am new to this part of computing but eager to learn anything.thank you and evryone who are helping.

Comment

Please take a look at this post and click on the links.
                        I think it'll go a long way in making this stuff a bit clearer to you

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yeah Sony is finicky I can verify that. I had a whole spindle of DVD+R's of theres one my Desktop burner hates them but my Laptop burner loves them. And memorex is the same way but vise versa. both readers including my external blu-ray like Verbatims so media does make a difference. But I think your upgrade did something creating software/driver issues maybe?
                          Lancool K-56 case.
                          OCZ 700watt PSU.
                          MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                          AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                          ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                          16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                          OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                          WD 2TB.
                          EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                          LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

we have burn

MAINEMAN,took your last message followed it.now laid out like that i can understand . guy gave a dvd- from sams,and thanks to all of you we did it!!!!!!!!
                            still want to learn more,about my computer,and dvdfab.agai thanks.

Comment

time
                              Glad to hear you got it working.
                              If you want to take the time to learn about PIO/DMA read this http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/IDE-DMA.mspx

still want to learn more,about my computer,and dvdfab
                              I commend you for wanting to learn, as I knew nothing a little over a year ago, but used goggle ,read sites and forums just like Fab to learn. If you would like to learn about Fab do as I did just read every post everyday, see what the problems are and how members are giving advise. When someone asks for logs to identify a problem, look at the logs, and even your own to compare them with yours soon you will be understanding how to read them and who knows you may even be helping other members out someday.
                              NOW GET BURNING
                              CBR929

Comment

Congrats!
                                Glad we could help and as CB said, kudos to you for wanting to learn.
                                Hey, maybe next time it'll be your turn to help out...

Comment

Working...
                                X