This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is correct pacakge for DVD-A backup

In DVDFAB homepage, there are 2 different download packages and 2 download links. What is the difference as both downloads are also exactly the same file size?
    1. DVDFab (CSS Version) 7.0.3.0 DVDFAB7030_avantgate-675.exe
    2. DVDFab HD Decrypter 7.0.3.0 (March 26, 2010) DVDFAB7030.exe

I installed No 1. but couldn't find right click menus (if these were there at all) and then I found no.2 package, which clearly states that removes all the DVD protections (CSS, RC, RCE ...), according to this I uninstalled No1 and installed no 2..
    Now I finally found right mouse button menus, but still there is no desired results.

Are these the sames and if not which is right for the following task:
    I own an ELP BSS DVD-A which condition requires backup. ImgBurn stated a CSS/CPPM and so I found DVDFab. But the HD Decrupter ISO created with above package no 2 doesn't play at all on my DVD-A capable DVD player like original. Instead of main menu, the screen remains black. I created ISO and then with Nero burnt to DVD-R. Any ideas? Thanks!

PS. Prior to DVDFAb I used DVDDecrypter last version with the same result - DVD-A remains black but DVD-V is functional. The original DVD-A doesn't play with VLC player, so I can't check the content in other way but with DVD player.
    Last edited by robocat; 04-10-2010, 08:05 AM.

DVD fab is not designed nor developed to copy audio discs.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      So that what these DVD-A discs are as I was confused thinking they new regions for DVDs.

Comment

I understood, that the reply is, that DVDFab isn't DVD-Audio standard format compliant and not able to understand DVD-Audio standard AUDIO_TS folder content in any way.
        While protection system is standard - could DVDFab just remove protection and copy AUDIO_TS content to folder on HDD?

Thanks!

Comment

Basic answer is NO.........
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So sad - I'm going to loose my investment into this not cheap ELP gem just because of tiny cracks, which have appeared around the hole in the center of disk.

I understood that the reply is a final "NO" and there is no way with DVDFab to create any copy of this ELP DVD-Audio content.

Interestingly, I have found from Google that this DVD-Audio title has been copied already by someone.
            Any suggestion, how?

Thanks!

Comment

Yep... TPB

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                Ripping DVD Audio discs works just fine in 6.2.18 (for instance, when ripping a DVD Audio disc the "Copy DVD-Audio (AUDIO_TS folder)" in the "Copying" section of "DVDtoDVD > Full Disc" is enabled, checking it tells DVD Fab to rip the AUDIO_TS of (DVD Audio format content).

Are you saying that v7.0.3.0 removes support for ripping DVD Audio discs (discs with content in the AUDIO_TS folder)? (I'm in the middle of some rips and can't upgrade and test for a bit)

I ask this because ripping DVD Audio format discs is very important for me (and many others who are into hi-res surround sound music) and as a lifetime purchase I would consider this a HUGE loss of functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by robocat View Post
                  So sad - I'm going to loose my investment into this not cheap ELP gem just because of tiny cracks, which have appeared around the hole in the center of disk.

I understood that the reply is a final "NO" and there is no way with DVDFab to create any copy of this ELP DVD-Audio content.

Interestingly, I have found from Google that this DVD-Audio title has been copied already by someone.
                  Any suggestion, how?

Thanks!
                  Hi robocat

I'm hoping that maybe there was a misunderstanding with what a DVD Audio disc is in the answer that you received. I have indeed ripped/cloned the Emerson, Lake & Palmer DVD Audio disc without any issue (besides it possibly reporting incorrect layer break info in the .ini file) using DVDFab via 6.2.1.8.

However I have not yet tested this with the latest DVDFab version, but I will soon, hopefully today. Given what was said in the thread I am only going to install the newest version on my backup machine and test it there so that I don't chance loosing any DVD Audio functionality compared to my existing 6.2.1.8 installation. I will report back as soon as I can.

Comment

Good news, it appears DVD Audio format is still supported in 7.0.3.0. (phew!!!!)

I installed 7.0.3.0 (international version, css) on my backup machine that already had 6.2.1.8 installed (mine is paid version including DVDtoDVD, DVDtoMobile, Blu-raytoBlu-Ray) and was able to rip ELP Brain Salad Surgery DVD Audio disc to the hard drive just fine.

robocat, I'm not sure if it makes any difference between paid and free version, mine is paid. Here is what I recommend trying

1. Install 7.0.3.0 (international version, css)
                    2. Reboot
                    3. Start DVDFab
                    - When running DVDFab be sure to first turn off xxx if you have it, otherwise you will have problems.
                    4. Insert your DVD Audio disc, set the "Source" (box on top) if needed.
                    5. On the left under "DVDtoDVD" click on Clone
                    6. Uncheck "Copy DVD-Video Data Only"
                    7. Uncheck "Copy Original IFO Files"
                    8. Set the "Target" (on top) to desired location
                    9. Click "Start"
                    10 Burn the resulting .ISO file with ImgBurn to get a DVD Audio disc.

Note that ripping DVD Audio disc will remove the CPPM protection (kind of DVD Audio's equivalent to DVD's CSS), but it will not remove any watermarking protection. Some DVD Audio players will observe watermark protection and stop the playback on discs made from rips after ~ 30 seconds, while other players ignore any watermarks. I believe if you google around a bit you can find a list of players that ignore it.

Also keep in mind if your disc is getting cracks that there may be data problem with the resulting rip. For testing you can always try extracting to indivdual hi-res tracks on your hard drive (i.e., multichannel flac) using free tool called DVD Audio Explorer and then play back the file in something like Media Player classic or VLC player.

For anyone reading this and are not sure what a DVD Audio disc is, here's a pretty good link:

Last edited by W&B; 04-10-2010, 11:48 PM. Reason: Removed software reference

Comment

Thanks for the info on how to achieve this!!!!

The basic statement still remains though.

"Fab is designed and developed to remove copy protection from VIDEO disks"

Comment

... and also DVD-Audio discs.

Comment

This is great I'm gong to copy this to a txt file for personal use in the future, Thankyou!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbona View Post
                            ... and also DVD-Audio discs.
                            Yes you are right DVDFab does have the option to copy DVD-Audio(Audio_TS folder) according the the screenshot I attached anyways. Now I do not have any DVD Audio to try but the option is there if you select it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                              This is great I'm gong to copy this to a txt file for personal use in the future, Thankyou!!
                              You're welcome DVDFab is indeed 'fab' with it's ability to back up DVD-A (I usually use either Full disc as shown in AGJ's screenshot, or Clone as outlined in my earlier post) - this ability is important since many DVD-A releases are out of print and would be very difficult to replace.

Comment

Working...
                              X